F1 issues .... ??? maybe ? i dont know

tpabusa06

Registered
good day all ... OK ... long time listener ... first time caller !! i have a '06 .. no mods ... commute with it ... 58000ish miles ....

heres the story .. im riding thru the streets this past thursday .. and hit my brights ... didnt notice the little blue lite ... and thought it odd ... filpped the brights back off to take a turn .. and i hit the front brake .. all the lights go dim ... as i straightened up i hit the brights again .. and in a split second i lost all power ... after pushing it home the FOUR freakin miles i had gone, ( i couldnt get it started again !) ..btw ... its june ... in florida .... sheesh .. !!! i digress i jump on the wifes bike and start the trek all over ....... i got home that evening .. and slapped a new battery in it ... tons 'o power .. but now im getting the F1 litey !!!! WONT START !!!! i HATE my factory shops ... my wrench guy is in the "islands mon" until NEXT weekend .... and my wifes 600 is like riding a broom .. ( im 6'4) can anyone suggest something "tricky" ... some plywood streching sorta trick ... the 'ol "i cant believe this guy didnt try this" kinda thing .... ??? thx to any and all that might have the knowledge that can help this old dude out !!!

jeff

On the left side of the bike looking from the rear, under the tail fairing, there should be a little plug with a cap on it. try and snake it out of the sub frame and when you get access to it, take a medium size wire or paper clip and connect the two terminals together, should flash codes and let you know whats going on. If its not a code I cant do to much for ya sorry, but there are plenty of guys here.

ok ... GREAT news ... did the "code thing" ... threw a C00 ... after some more reading .. took OFF the PC ... and wam bam TY ma'am ! ... we have startage !!! NOW ....... im sure this has happened to SOMEONE !! ... is the PC bad .. ?? does it need re booted ?? or something !? ... remapped ... whatever the term .... ??? just kinda curious now .... going to have the valves done in a few weeks .... i can have my wrench guy ... once hes back from the islands ... do whatever the thinking is ! btw... thx rdnckjim

Re: F1 issues .... ??? NOW something ELSE !!!!!

as i said .. got up and running ... BUT... this morning .. fired it up ... rode about 15 mins to get some gas .. all seemed ok ... went inside .. got a soda ... and when i turned the key and hit the switch ...one turn and then NOTHING !!!!! its like a BAD DREAM !!!! ... luckily, i had small downhill .. pushed started it ... but it was as if the battery wasnt charging at all ... the lights kept getting dimmer, and dimmer ... and dimmer ... by the time i had my escape route planned .. i didnt even have enough juice to light the freakin CLOCK ! sheeesh !! ... once again ... i come to the powers that are, for any helpful insights ....

Ya I just plugged mine in and it had cleared itself some how not sure what happened. Maybe its pulling too much power (i realize how crazy that sounds but it could) If you can get it running again get a multimeter and see if the battery is draining. also it could be your voltage regulator possibly.

Back