F.S.D. Undertail

skyfroggy

Registered
Does anyone who has installed a F.S.D. undertail have any tips for installation? The company doesn't supply any instruction and I'm not a real "fly by the seat of my pants" kind of guy. (Except when I'm wailing on the 'Busa.)

Thanks

I wrote a "how-to" a while back, but that post didn't survive the board "blow-up".

In short, remove the entire rear cowling and fender from the bike. Fit the undertail against the back of the cowling (the brake light end). Verify that you will have enough room on the front mounting tab to drill the mounting holes BEFORE you drill the rear holes. Mark the drill points, and then drill the hole with the correct size METRIC drill IF you intend on using the OEM push-pins. I used 1/4" plastic rivets, therefore I used a 1/4" drill bit.

The fender modification can be summarized as: trim the material that interferes with fitment of the undertail. I have a drawing at home that outlines the material that I cut, and I will try to post that tonight. But, again, the bottom line is that you will have to test fit the undertail and then cut the fender until the parts fit together on a bench.

Good luck with your project...

Mike

This should give a rough idea where to start cutting the tail. Only remove the minimum needed to allow fitment of the undertail.

Good luck,

Mike

hacked_fender.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back