F-ing Bees! I hate bees! I should have punched every bee in the face!

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I'm mowing my lawn for the first time in months (That's what no rain for a long time gets ya), and I realize a split second after seeing my neighbors daughter staring at me somewhat intently (Don't know if she saw the bees or what), that I hear bees at my ears. So, my manly survival instincts kicked in. Let me tell ya, there's not many more emasculating events than stopping mowing and running from bees... Cause your neighbors don't see the bees, they just see you stopping the lawn mower and running across the yard... Flailing your arms around your head and screaming like a little girl. (For those that have met me, imagine that, those that haven't, imagine a 6'10", 350lb man doing that, and you got it) Well, I stopped, thinking I was in the clear... I wasn't, they were still flying around me, So I bolted inside the house. Got away from the flyers... But not the landers. Had one fly off me, so I swatted him dead. While looking for him, I realized there were 3 on the front of my pants... Swatted them dead. Then I realized, if they're on my pants, they're on my shirt. Took it off, sure enough, at least 3.1 flew out of my now inside out shirt, swatted him dead. Picked it up, another one flew out, swatted him dead. VERY carefully picked up the shirt, looked inside, saw at least one more, and slowly put the shirt in the washing machine to drowned the bastids, and I feel a sharp stinging pain on my ankle. Sure enough, one got INSIDE my sock. Got him out, swatted him to death, and was FINALLY done.

So, for those keeping count...
Bees: 1
Ben: at least 8, maybe more inside the washer... and even more when I figure out how I'm getting rid of those bastids that are in the in-ground nest.
Hayabusa.org family: Hopefully 1 good read and a good laugh. :laugh:

I got a bee inside my leather jacket a couple of weeks ago on a ride but it didn't sting me until I got down the road a couple of miles.:poke:

I've got a similar wasp story. I mow my neighbors front pasture with my Kubota, 5' mower and a frontloader. I finished and before my usual cold beer payment he wanted me to scoop up two rotten 15 year old pallets and dump them on his burn pile. I hit them with the bucket but they skidded. I jump off tractor, still running and stand up the first one on end. I hear him screaming like an idiot and take off running like Ben Johnson on steroids. WTF? he's like 68 years old. I look down and I'm covered nipples to toes with a solid yellow mass of wasps. Oh **** now what? They weren't stinging me yet. Well I decided to start swattin about the time they started bitin. HAHAHA I passed the old guy as he rounded the corner of his house headed to the front door. By the time we got there I had most of my clothes off. Wasps madder the hell and hot on our heels just like in the cartoons. We crashed thru the front door tryin to beat the flock in. His wife is standin there lookin at us, me in socks and drawers. Bastards followed us in and she starts beatin them with a magazine. I'm tryin to get the things outta my hair and ears. T'was a bit ugly close to 60 bites from the ankles up.

We drank beer and nursed our wounds for a couple hours before I could even get close to the still running tractor.

The whole underside of those pallets was solid honeycombed with wasps nests.

Last edited:
*shudders* I HATE bees...if there is one way to freak me out, it is bees. We have a nest we have been trying to kill for a few months under ground right next to our house. Other than fire...and calling an expensive exterminator...does anyone have any ideas? We have tried the raid stuff. We have tried the foaming stuff. What to do?

I don't know about bees but the wasp spray shoots 20 to 30 feet and drops yellowjackets and wasps dead instantly. For some reason I thourghly enjoy killing 'em. So cool to hit a nest of 20 or so under the eaves and roof tiles and watch them drop dead.

*shudders* I HATE bees...if there is one way to freak me out, it is bees. We have a nest we have been trying to kill for a few months under ground right next to our house. Other than fire...and calling an expensive exterminator...does anyone have any ideas? We have tried the raid stuff. We have tried the foaming stuff. What to do?

A CO2 fire extinguisher may be able to kill them by suffocation. Worth a try..

Yellow Jackets are way worse than Bees, more like a big group of wasps. Go out there at night, stick a funnel in the hole and pour some gas in it. If there's any left the next day, repeat the procedure the next night.:thumbsup:

I got stung by wasps this summer.

I fill home heating tanks when i lifted cover they came out.

Feels like a shot like a needle they go after you.

been there, bees in the ground, mowing over nest, bees everywhere. let things settle down, found all there holes, plugged all but one, strayed the heck down that one and plugged it. unplugged the other holes and sprayed down them also. thumped on the ground, still heard buzzing, repeated the spraying down the holes until all buzzing stopped.
also when doing this keep an eye/ear out for the rest that where out on patrol when you sealed the nest, they are not happy when they get home and find it has been reposessed!! I used a couple of badmitten or tennis rackets to eliminate them. works great, light weight, quick to move back and forth, and the bees can't go through the netting in one piece. you just look a little strange running around waving rackets over your head :rofl:

Dump kerosene in the nest and light it.....
or gas but I wouldn't light it the fumes will kill them. The last thing you need to do is catch roots or something else under ground on fire. I'm sure it would go out but it would just be my luck it wouldn't and some how burn the house down. :banghead:

Back