F$%& I Hate people

Oh man that stinks. There is a bright side to this in that you still have the vehicle.

Unfortunately, I think we'll see a lot more of this type activity before the economy makes a turnaround.
Posted via Mobile Device

Oh man that stinks. There is a bright side to this in that you still have the vehicle.
If they had stolen the car it would have made it worth while. We have full coverage on a car that's paid off. Would have come out ahead. Instead they stole just enough to match our deductable. :banghead:

i once taped razor blades to the bottom of all of my car stereo equipment in concealed area's after the 3rd time everything was stolen...one day I came out to a broken window lots of blood in and around the car but the stereo equipment was still there...ofcourse shortly after that a good law student friend of mine told me how lucky i was i didnt get sued for the thieves injuries....i didnt care I still had my stereo!

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope the rest of your day goes better.

They must have known your habits and been waiting for the opportunity to take your stuff.
That's what I was thinking. It's a cul-de-sac. Quiet neighborhood. So it's highly unlikely that someone was just passing through at 4:30 am.

I hope they return for the other cars stereo. I will be ready. :whistle:

Take the knowledge of the experience and setup a trap for the sorry-ass's, have a camera and something to defend yourself with handy.

Take the knowledge of the experience and setup a trap for the sorry-ass's, have a camera and something to defend yourself with handy.
I have to decide which "defense" device to use. I can spray them with the mace, or just spray them with lead... Either way they will suffer :whistle:

Are you sure that it wasn't already gone when you started the car? Portland crime is horrible! When I lived there I had a mustang that they broke 2 windows out, stole an amp, stole clothing, couldn't get the sub, f-ed up the locks, etc in the historic district. You would think SOMEONE had to see this happening. I had a VW bug in Johns Landing with an alarm, they popped out the windshield, reached inside and disconnected the fuses which shut the alarm off, then proceeded to relieve me of my entire stereo system. Same place but an Isuzu Trooper full of stereo system and expensive carpentry tools. Stole the entire vehicle. Police find it a week later, I have to pay for towing and storage to get it back WTF, how is that right? No officer will come to take prints or do a report either. They just do it over the phone and tell you to have a nice day.??????

Are you sure that it wasn't already gone when you started the car? Portland crime is horrible! When I lived there I had a mustang that they broke 2 windows out, stole an amp, stole clothing, couldn't get the sub, f-ed up the locks, etc in the historic district. You would think SOMEONE had to see this happening. I had a VW bug in Johns Landing with an alarm, they popped out the windshield, reached inside and disconnected the fuses which shut the alarm off, then proceeded to relieve me of my entire stereo system. Same place but an Isuzu Trooper full of stereo system and expensive carpentry tools. Stole the entire vehicle. Police find it a week later, I have to pay for towing and storage to get it back WTF, how is that right? No officer will come to take prints or do a report either. They just do it over the phone and tell you to have a nice day.??????
I am sure it was still there this morning. The car alarm was still on. I had to disable it to get in. I parked it in the driveway and turned the stereo off and set the alarm. So definitely happened after I disarmed the alarm.

i once taped razor blades to the bottom of all of my car stereo equipment...

I use treble hooks:

treble_21.gif

and place a warning sticker beside them:

Warning: Not responsible for accidents.

No problems since...

Comming from South Boston to Punxsutawney, pa. was a big change for me. When I first dated Renee she left the keys in the truck unlocked all the time. Now she's like me even if I park in my driveway to get something off the porch I lock it up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Crimes of opportunity ... sorry bout you getting jacked. Someones watching you brother.

it amazes me that people are up at 4:30 in the morning and thinking of doing something that random, i mean what are the odds, i can see the car getting jacked but to leave the car and take stero equipment takes the cake....F'n thieves:guns:

sorry for your loss

:( That sucks dude, it could have been worse...and if you do catch whoever did it...be careful how you handle it, or YOU could be going to jail too :banghead:

I just hate people like that, you work hard for what you have and someone just comes along and takes it :banghead:

Back