F-22 Raptor. $339 Million dollar Can of US Woopass!

I know they said that one F-22 in dogfight toke down six F-15 in training. Pretty amazing what these planes can do. I still love the shows on the SR-71. When the pilots said once a sam was launched to goto full afterburner to out run the sam. Only Mach 3 yea right!

We use to work on the J58 engines, amd test them here .

They would put a f1oo engine in front of it so when they tested the J58 it would get enough air in the intake.

Also the back end of the J58 would glow red.

Gurrera
Sr71  1.jpg
sr71  2.jpg

Sr71  1.jpg

sr71  2.jpg

F-22 is a great airplane. The last one just came off the assembly line. It really does not have any bombing capability it is an air superiority jet. They had to make claims of it it being able to bomb as they were cutting budgets. The bomber is the F-35. It is the modern F-16. It is a bomber with the capability to do air to air. Our nation will be relying on the F-15E for the next 25 years. The F-35 will be the main workhorse replacing most of our F-16s.
The Russians do have thrust vectoring and were first into production. BUT, it was manually controlled at the time. American thrust vectoring has always been computer controlled. Russian versions are now computer controlled too and very good. The main issue is that the Russians have great R&D and test planes. But we actually go into production. That is a BIG difference.

I grew up in the AF. My dad was the crew chief for the first F-15 squadron at Langley and got to travel the world showing all the other countries why they shouldn't mess with us! Love watching these jets my whole life and teh new ones are so bad arse.

Back