Extra wire connectors

SidneyCarton

Registered
Does anyone know what these connectors under the rear seat are for?

image.jpg

I have my 2022 manual with me up here in Reno. I'll start sorting out the wiring in between Busa Stampede rides.

Has anyone checked the wiring diagram to see what the small white connector is for?

It’s a white 2-pin connector with Red And Black w/ White Stripe wires.

Given the red Euro 5 ODB-2 plug, I’m wondering if this remaining connector is for the ubiquitous dealer mode switch?

A5646564-26DA-429C-9F3E-6A1789639F9D.jpeg

Here’s the translation:

(3) Remove the cap of the vehicle's waterproof 2-pole coupler (blue x 1, white x 1) located on the left side under the rear seat, and connect the coupler of the alarm body ①. A Caution Connect the blue coupler of the alarm body to the blue coupler of the vehicle, and connect the white coupler of the alarm body to the white coupler of the vehicle.”

70FACEE5-AE9D-40F9-BEC7-0D7689585785.jpeg

That will be handy for a USB adapter...
Or anything else up to the current capacity of the wiring.

FYI. If you have a battery charger lead with the SAE plug you can hookup one of these:

Good? Battery Tender® Quick Disconnect USB Charger Adaptor

Better? OptiMate USB O-100

Best? 9.39US $ |3.1A/4.8A TYPE C Motorcycle USB Charger SAE to USB Type C Voltmeter ON/Off Switch Waterproof Quick Disconnect Plug Motorcyles|Motorcycle Electronics Accessories| - AliExpress

Note: the last one comes in three different versions.

Last edited:
Or anything else up to the current capacity of the wiring.

FYI. If you have a battery charger lead with the SAE plug you can hookup one of these:

Good? Battery Tender® Quick Disconnect USB Charger Adaptor

Better? OptiMate USB O-100

Best? 9.39US $ |3.1A/4.8A TYPE C Motorcycle USB Charger SAE to USB Type C Voltmeter ON/Off Switch Waterproof Quick Disconnect Plug Motorcyles|Motorcycle Electronics Accessories| - AliExpress

Note: the last one comes in three different versions.
with the best option (option 3), do you think the on/off switch will prevent battery drain when not in use? i am thinking to install one, but want to go with an option that does not drain the battery when the ignition is off.

do you think the on/off switch will prevent battery drain when not in use? i am thinking to install one, but want to go with an option that does not drain the battery when the ignition is off.
Probably but you can’t be sure until you get one:

Since you need an SAE connector anyway you can anyways unplug it when not in use (if there is a parasitic drain in the off position).

Back