Extra push pin

cycleman

Registered
Anybody know where I might find a schematic of the right side cowling pushpin locations? Just finished my first oil change and have a pin I can't find a home for. Been over, around, under and all about. How hard could a hole be to spot? And it was really a fun thing. Glad I won't be doing that again for a while.

i always love when i work on trucks/bikes and have a few bolts or somethin left over that i can't decide where they came from. I would check up underneath the front tire as those are pretty hard to see where the push pins are. Had to grab a flashlight to see where they were when i just did my oil change for the first time

it was quite a pain to get the fairing off for the first time, being careful not to break anything. I could pop off the fairing on my gsxr750 in about 5 minutes

i always love when i work on trucks/bikes and have a few bolts or somethin left over that i can't decide where they came from. I would check up underneath the front tire as those are pretty hard to see where the push pins are. Had to grab a flashlight to see where they were when i just did my oil change for the first time

Not in the fender well. Spent a long time looking. No joy. Its always the simple stuff.

Only push pin I know of is the one that goes inside the front fairing to the cowl above the fender. Links those plastic front inners togethor I'll take a pic of mine you decide

what about up front by the dash and gauges, it should be visible bc none of the push pins are under the actual fairing. What about the belly pan by the rear tire?

Here is the only push pin I'm aware of

more stuff.jpg

The push pin goes on the right side above the wheel fender at the back, similar to the previous photo, but on the right side. However the hole is not visible like on the left side as it is tucked away above the fairing plastics. You will have to feel for it with your fingers to find it. A bit tricky the first time, but once you know where it is you won't forget it. It is a pain however getting the push pin in as you can't really see what you are doing! Major pain in the **s.

Gaetano

(1)push pins go in the dash panel near the mirror(where the windscreen meets the dash)
(2)there are 4 of them in the black plastic piece above the front fender
(3) 2- one on each side--they connect the inner panels of the side plastic to the black plastic piece above front fender(up undernieth and all the way back by the radiator and horn)
(4) there are 2 larger ones in the dash itself where it meets the frame(just under the handle bar ends)
(5) there are 4 of the that connect the tiny junction piece under the front seat(the right side of tail to the left side) but under the front seat...right in the middle
(6) there are 6-8 of them in the tail section itself underneath connecting it to the under tail(fender)

Pic is worth 1K words :laugh:
There are 8 of those fasteners up front, 6 attach the body cowl cover to the body cowling and then 2 attaching the upper panels.
Body cowling.JPG

Then 8 out back on the frame cover. 6 attaching the fender and cover together and then 2 up top between the front & rear seats.
Frame cover.JPG

Frame cover.JPG

Body cowling.JPG

The push pin goes on the right side above the wheel fender at the back, similar to the previous photo, but on the right side. However the hole is not visible like on the left side as it is tucked away above the fairing plastics. You will have to feel for it with your fingers to find it. A bit tricky the first time, but once you know where it is you won't forget it. It is a pain however getting the push pin in as you can't really see what you are doing! Major pain in the **s.

Gaetano

This would be my guess also... :thumbsup:

This is uncanny!

Myself I have a (the larger one) extra push-pin and no matter how many times I go over all the locations they all have 'em in.

*Scratching the right side of my head with my left hand* I'll find it someday...

Gaetano

Same thing... for me it's easier to see this one from above... It's right next to the air intake tube.

Pics of the two push pins on the right side of front fender well (left side as you are looking in).
One at the very front of the lower side panel (first pic).
One down low by the oil cooler (second pic).

Busa 025.jpg

Busa 026.jpg

Back