Extra push pin

Anybody know where I might find a schematic of the right side cowling pushpin locations? Just finished my first oil change and have a pin I can't find a home for. Been over, around, under and all about. How hard could a hole be to spot? And it was really a fun thing. Glad I won't be doing that again for a while.

What size is the pin that is left over? Can you post a picture?

Last edited:
There are two types of Plastic fasteners Suzuki uses on the Hayabusa (both Gen 1 and Gen 2). One is a thinner one that you push the center into to loosen it and then "pop or lift" the pin out. The other is the larger "fatter" one, which you will need something (usually a smaller flat head screw driver) to pop the center section out, then the pin pops out. Which one do you have left over? If it is the smaller one, the one you are probably missing is the one I mentioned in my pervious post. If it is the larger one, there are I believe only 4 of them, two (one on each side) which attach to the frame from the inter plastics close to (and on the outer side of) the tank prop up bolts, and two half way down the front fairing on either side of the Radiator as shown in a photo in the previous post. Hope this helps and good luck.

Gaetano

What I have left is one of kind. It is a large diameter head with a small center of the type that pushes in the center to release. Today I went back over the plastics (right side) and partially removed them. Still found no place for it. The description of my left over pin is dependent on my having all the others in their right places. Guess I'll find its home some day.

Back