Extra fan mod and lower temp fan switch &thermostat

Take you time if you can strip a few wires/crimp connectors & play with fan placement you will see what little they are overcharging you for. You will know it is done right to not just them saying so! You are going to take your time they are probably going to rush through take the $ then next job as quick as possible to make money. Unless you have someone you trust.

LOL LOL

You are right my friend tell me what is the best crimpers to use,

I tried to redo my undertail signal lights and install a magic strobe this is the thing someone else had the aftermarket under tail done when I bought the bike I messed with it until I got frustrated and worked on it the next day i had everything wired up and tested and was working until I saw smoke i was like nooooooo I was getting ready to put it back together I also was doing the front signal lights I called my mechanic had him tow the bike my bill was $500

20181220_202255.jpg

20181220_234149.jpg

It just shows how to mount the fan to the radiator, did you soder your wires together or crimp them
Okay looked at fan wire when came home i used wire clamps that you don't have to cut OE fan wire. They penetrate rubber coating cut off 2nd fan fitting it goes in other end of clamp close clamp that's it. Pic is not great but gives idea.

20190305_141015.jpg

20190305_140950.jpg

Is it really that easy
Sorry been up all night/day. Need 2 of these clamps that open like a book. 1 for + the 2nd for - of wire being spliced into. The add on wire + is placed in other closed side of clamp then close clamp which locks do same to negative wires.

20190305_144814.jpg

20190305_145023.jpg

Those would be called "scotch locks", and they are basically junk, sorry to tell you. Cutting a wiring mid run is not a great idea in the first place, and second, they are very prone to oxidation, so while everything is fine now, down the road should your setup become temperamental, you would check these connections first. Posi taps would have been a better choice. Unfortunately, most vendors supply crappy scotch locks with anything electrical . . .

Review so far on this mod it's starting to warm up a bit in South Florida hit the stop and go traffic both my fans kick in and cool the busa down before this mod temp gauge would be in the red and would have to get around traffic and haul a$$ to cool her off in the coming months I will know for sure I will keep those whom want know about this mod updated

So far this extra fan mod is doing the trick cools her
off no over heating issues so far I will keep everyone posted

Review so far on this mod it's starting to warm up a bit in South Florida hit the stop and go traffic both my fans kick in and cool the busa down before this mod temp gauge would be in the red and would have to get around traffic and haul a$$ to cool her off in the coming months I will know for sure I will keep those whom want know about this mod updated
make sure ure mechanic doesn't use crappy scotch locks or forget to tighten any bolts.:crazy::crazy:

Check the directions from Shintz to see if you can do. I bought same fan that moves alot of air. My biggest problem was that i tried to use 90 clamps & didn't have fan mounted wide enough to clear & had to get another plastic securing kit as i couldn't salvage 1 of the 4 during remount. If you can push securing plastic rods through radiator fins push on round back snip off extra; splice wire with two round tube connectors replace fuse on left front of gen1 then put bolts back in radiator then yeah that easy. I did not disconnect any lines from radiator or coolant system waste of time.
Thanks for your help on this

Back