External Fuel pump Questions

instigator1225

Registered
So i have read a few write ups about people doing the external fuel pumps, but having ran across people who have been daily riding them with just an external fuel pump. i went a little over board on my first pump, used it to get it running and will be throwing that pump onto my turbo bike. anyone have a good recommendation for a fuel pump thats decent for a basically bolt on and tuned gen 1? as well as a good location? ive seen them tucked into the tail and a big line running a lap around the whole tail section going to fuel line from a 99 tank. i am just concerned about fuel starvation when riding hard.i have a WB 255 sitting around but i figured that may just be over kill for the use... maybe find a smaller pump?

i have been leaning towards mounting it on my swingarm now that the aftermarket arm is here. just not sure about the fuel pump life time with it being a constant rider.

just wanted to add i did look at the RCC kit where it sits in front of the shock and under the seay behind the engine.... but again looking for opinions on something long term. i dont really plan on modifying this bike anymore beyond the arm,gears, intake and full exhaust.

also this is due to the stock 99-2000 pump giving me severe hydro lock issues.

So i have read a few write ups about people doing the external fuel pumps, but having ran across people who have been daily riding them with just an external fuel pump. i went a little over board on my first pump, used it to get it running and will be throwing that pump onto my turbo bike. anyone have a good recommendation for a fuel pump thats decent for a basically bolt on and tuned gen 1? as well as a good location? ive seen them tucked into the tail and a big line running a lap around the whole tail section going to fuel line from a 99 tank. i am just concerned about fuel starvation when riding hard.i have a WB 255 sitting around but i figured that may just be over kill for the use... maybe find a smaller pump?

i have been leaning towards mounting it on my swingarm now that the aftermarket arm is here. just not sure about the fuel pump life time with it being a constant rider.

just wanted to add i did look at the RCC kit where it sits in front of the shock and under the seay behind the engine.... but again looking for opinions on something long term. i dont really plan on modifying this bike anymore beyond the arm,gears, intake and full exhaust.

also this is due to the stock 99-2000 pump giving me severe hydro lock issues.
Walbro 255 is the pump I run and it’s mounted in the tail. I have had zero issues it I’m only running 4lbs of boost for 2 years and 12,000 miles.

No in tank. I can get some pics tonight. I have not had any issues I have run that tank to all but empty and no issues. From what I have read the 255 is a good pump for pulling fuel. But do some research and make a educated decision i might be 100% off.

No in tank. I can get some pics tonight. I have not had any issues I have run that tank to all but empty and no issues. From what I have read the 255 is a good pump for pulling fuel. But do some research and make a educated decision i might be 100% off.
That would be awesome i am just trying to figure out the easiest way.

the 255 is a pump ive used in my cars (subarus,transams) with great effectiveness. even to the tune of using three of them wired together with trailer wireing harness lol and used like that for multiple years.

Rcc kit under the shock. Runs perfect in AZ heat.
Great to hear. i have just been debating as to which setup to go with. but this is def looking like the winner.. i just dont think i can use it with a 255

That would be awesome i am just trying to figure out the easiest way.

the 255 is a pump ive used in my cars (subarus,transams) with great effectiveness. even to the tune of using three of them wired together with trailer wireing harness lol and used like that for multiple years.

Great to hear. i have just been debating as to which setup to go with. but this is def looking like the winner.. i just dont think i can use it with a 255
Sorry been more than a few days. Another reason I decided in the 255 is it is rated for E85. I’m not running it yet but some day after I build the motor I might.

B5C5EC3F-DDB0-4F4C-B54A-DA26F931C2C9.jpeg

and that setup is fed just by gravity? no intank pump? i am surprised it doesnt starve....
Just gravity. No in tank pump. Running 3/8 lines not sure if that helps but I have had 0 issues and I watch my fuel pressure all the time. I have seen some with the pump between the fairing and subframe. That’s what I was going to do then it just worked better this way.

20 miles with the fuel light on. Was going to do a video In boost but valued my life more. Did some pulls and held right on 43lbs+.

View attachment 1582412
I have been running a 03 Busa with secondary injectors running a Garrett gt35r and I have been running a Bosch 0 4 4 fuel pump external for the past few years and have Dino sheets of 554 horsepower and have had no problems with fuel system at all

Back