extended wheelbase

I've never run 450.I can see now I need to do some more exploring.Have you ever run 135 south of Brownstown?I always wondered if that ride was any good,or should I say roads.

Just my spin on things, if it makes you happy to do it, go for it, but don't delude yourself into thinking it will make the 'busa a better bike.
Stretching mine 4 inches and lowering it 2 made a night and day difference in how it launches so long as I have a fresh Shinko on there. I spray at the top of first now with 225 hp.  With stock wheelbase and height I couldn't spray til third with only 190 hp.  So to me and what I'm interested in, stretching it made it a MUCH "better bike".

I'm in the midwest so it's pretty much all flat and straight here so the compromise in handling was worth it to me.  Besides, if I was still into corner carving and track days like I once was I'd buy another liter bike.  I mean, if you are really THAT concerned about the handling prowess of your busa then maybe you bought the wrong bike anyway.

It seems some of this discussion skips over the ability to adjust ones bike to the particular "use of the day". Like I said in posts 15 and 23, puting on a 0-6" arm doesn't reduce my use choices....it increases the choices. Example, if yesterday I just got back from a fun coastal mountain ride with my Nor Cal friends, today I get a call from a local friend that says, "let's go to the drags Friday night"...all I do is extend my arm, put my long chain on...and go have fun. There's nothing wrong with a "specific use Busa" for sure, BUT there's nothing wrong with a Busa that can be a competent actor on various stages as well! Raydog

P1000101.JPG

Back