Extended Warranty

Turbo-Torch

Donating Member
Registered
I bought the extended warranty for my '04 back in early March. Deal was done over the phone with my credit card and the bill showed up on my next statement but I never received any confirmation from the dealer or Suzuki. I called mid April and the dealer said it takes a while to process and I should receive a card in a few weeks.

Never received anything so I stopped by the dealer in early May and they said they weren't sure if the owner actually got a card. He called me back a few hours later and said nothing gets sent out, it's just all kept in the computer data base. I asked for a copy of the contract which he did mail to me and it was dated on the day I called along with my forged signature (ok by me since we did the deal over the phone).

Just curious if anyone else received some type of card from Suzuki. I'm just afraid that if I go out of town and have trouble 2000 miles away from home I'll be given a hard time. Also thought I'd at least get a bunch of paperwork with all the legal stuff?

All I got was the contract. That is all you are going to get. Keep it in a safe place. Delt with suzuki protection extended plan in march. They suck. They paid my claim 100% but it didn't get done with out a fight. The dealer went over book time on a warranty repair and would not release my bike unless I paid the difference. suzuki extended said it was between me and the dealer. I said are you kidding and had to speak to a supervisor at suzuki to get the dealer to release my bike. It was not my fault they went over the allowable time to make the repair. Anyway, I should not have even had to fight with suzuki to get my bike out of that shop. They should have stepped right in and told the dealer to release it. I guess the reps that I was dealing with did not know their fn job.

I work for a dealer here in NY and my service manager told me not to pay them a dime. Its done all the time. Its called double dipping. You get paid by the dealer and then you try to get a little from the customer. Is that some sheeott or what.

Thanks for the info!

Yeah, that sounds like some complete BS they put you through. Hard to believe the dealer would have enough balls to try something like that but I guess some will try anything to scam an extra buck.

Glad it worked out for you in the end.

Back