EXTENDED WARRANTY PRICE

G

How much does the ex.warranty cost? when I bought my y2k BUSA as I was walkin out the door the sales person said....oh by the way we have a sale on the extended warranty//is a liitle over $400./can be had for 250 or so/said i could grt it later. when iI called today he said it retailed for $600./could have for $4oo.oo. I SMELL A CHEESY RETAIL CLERK HERE. WHAT DO U ALL SAY? THANKS!

One of the Busa owners from New York has told us this:

"My Hayabusa dealer, Chenango Import Motors, Yorkville NY, will sell the 3 year extended warranty for $350. (Thats 3 years starting after the first year of ownership). To qualify you must purchase it within the first year of ownership.
All you have to do is call Diane at 1-800-346-4246,and have your VIN and credit card handy."

Since I posted the original Chenango offer I thought it would be a good idea to call Dianne. The Suzuki warranty is a third party warranty. The company is GECC Capital and is used by Suzuki for all extended warranties. Dianne said that from a customer standpoint the GECC warranty works the same as a factory one. The shop submits the necessary paperwork for warrantied work.

I called Diane. It's true. If you're not doing major internal mods or racing, the extended warranty for $350 for 3 years after the 1st is a good idea. Remember to clean out the little rubber balls before making a claim though. Johnny, that was a useful tip. Thanx.

BUYER BEWARE.....A customer of mine bought an extended on his ZX9. Three years, not by KAWASAKI, outside firm. When he went to use it he could not find his paperwork...went to the dealer he purchased it from and they said they had no record of it. His own fault, and dealer didn't care. By the way they offered him 4K in trade on a 98 ZX9...generous of them...on a new 12 that they wouldn't quote a price!!!!

Beware of extendeds that are NOT backed by manufacturer.

Dave

Third party extended warrantees are THE highest margin item a bike dealer, car dealer, consumer electronics dealer, furniture, carpet or appliance dealer sells.

Why are they so high margin? Because the third party wholesales their "product" to the dealer for FAR less than its consumer-perceived value. The consumer believes that third party warrantees carry the same weight as manufacturers' warrantees. And often, as in the case of the $1,300 "Lexus Gold Extended Warranty" that I was sucked into buying at time of my cage purchase, the third party warrantees are even BRANDED with the manufacturer's name and logo so as to appear as if they are backed by the manufacturer.

Is the Suzuki extended motorcycle warranty TRULY a factory-backed product, or is it really a scam by a pack of sleaze balls sitting in a grimy office over a warehouse sniggering at the marks they call customers and eagerly awaiting their next chance to tell a claimant to kiss off?

Inevitably, some time after your manufacturer's warranty expires, comes extended warranty claim time and with it your explanation as to why third party warranty companies can wholesale their product so cheaply...they just don't pay claims. They will openly laugh at your claim and fax you such a barrage of exculpatory verbiage that you will throw up your hands and scream "What an fool I was to get sucked into buying this worthless piece of paper!"

If a company with such a sterling customer service reputation as Lexus will do this when selling a $75,000 car, what do you think a tiny cage and bike maker like Suzuki will stoop to?

Not that I'm prejudiced or anything. Consumer Reports magazine, to which I religiously subscribe, repeatedly warns against wasting your money on extended warrantees.

I would love to hear from anyone who has had a third party extended warranty provider pay up cheerfully on an expensive warranty claim.

Yes the GECC warranty is third party like was mention.
The big differance is that while KAW,YAM,HON.Use the same as their factory warranty,with GECC they are a little different, they still use Suzuki Flat Rate what a ripp.They do pay retail for the parts,
But the best thing is they are not real factory people If it is a covered item and you have maintance record no questions asked.

I did a RF900 with that warrant kept popping out of 2nd gear.pulled it down bent shift fork due to slamming second gear no questions ask appoved.Try to get that with and other than suzukis extended warranty
my.02

question? if i get the extented warranty and somethink goes wrong with the bike would it be warranted If I had a after market pipe put on by suzuki?

Back