Extended Swingarm Wheelies

oklazukguy

Registered
I hope I dont get flamed too bad on this.....

2005 Busa with PC3, Full Micron, and Ivans TRE. 6" Ext swingarm.

I got the bike this year, and am getting more and more comfortable with it. I have started trying to wheelie and am finding it harder to do than expected. I have learned the Rpms and such for getting some decent power wheelies in different gears, but have yet to clutch one up. I have watched different videos and read threads here on HOW-TO clutch a wheelie, but am wondering if I need to do something different with the ext swingarm. I know this shouldnt be very important priority for me, but just one of those things that I have been playing with. Thanks.

If you want to wheelie, take the extensions off. You are really going to have work hard, too hard to get her up with extensions. Not sure about the stress you will putting on them as well. I dont want to see you hurt yourself or tear up your machine.

i saw jason on that one show:laugh: do it on a stretched fat tire and just ride it down the street like any other bike. it was either a busa or a 14 :dunno: he was using the rear pegs as usual.

Your asking to really hurt you AND the bike with trying to wheelie an extended machine.

The problem isn't to get it up, it's how you come down. With the height the front will be at with the extentions during a wheelie, it's gonna come down HARD from your lack of experience. Like oilpan breakage hard. That kinda impact can eject you from the bike.

Learn wheelies on a stock wheelbase bike, then go extended.

You gotta crawl before ya walk.

Take the extentions off!!!!!!! They are designed to keep the bike on the ground that is why you see the drag bikes extended out. Be careful coming down for you can come down too hard and break the welds at the tree. Saw a guy do this in Atlanta. Was not a good sight:snap:

Thanks for the input fellas. Wheelies are not that important to me, and I love the way the 6" looks. Also, I will be going to the track beginning in the spring, just to see how I do in the 1/4.

The power wheelies come down real smooth. I dont know if that is me or the machine, but I think I will just work on wheelies on my buddies GSXR1000, and just continue to enjoy the comfort and drag racing on my busa. thanks again for the knowledge.

Probably not what you wanted to ear HUH.

But these guys are right, Your going to tear something up big time, Imagine the stress on that extension as the bike is coming up, Now imagine it breaking in mid wheelie. Uhhhhh huh and if thats not enough, Imgine coming down off that wheelie and it hitting hard enough to break a fork. Uhhhhhhh huh. At the least blow out a fork seal.

Pull the extensions. Go back to stock, Then wheelie away, But still be carefull...

Im going to say yes, Not that big of an issue on the going up part, But you still gonna have an issue with coming back down, If you can tame that landing you could have the best of both worlds.

Back