exploding ammunition

card16969

Registered
As some of you might remember back around Jan of this year my buddy of mine both picked up a bulk pack of Remington .22 ammunition at walmart (it was midnight and we decided to go to the gun club and go shooting). Within the first 2 clips we had several rounds misfire including a couple rounds explode inside of our pistols. Both of our guns were actually damaged on my S&W 22A there was a gouge in the slide end of the barrel and the slide was cracked and on my buddies brand new Sig Sauer 1911-22 the slide cracked. He was extra P.O'd since it was his first time firing the gun. We collected the handful of rounds off of the floor we found the back cap and side of the casings were blow right apart. After several phone calls, emails and having to ship them the remainder of the ammo about 5 months later I got a box in the mail, in the box there was 2 525 round box's of ammunition and an invoice. I thought "wow ok you guys think your going to get off with just sending me some replacement ammunition, i go to throw dump out the packaging so i can break down the box and in the bottom there is a letter.Heres the letter.....

2012-06-23_16-08-59_109.jpg

HECKS YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

I have found Remington rim fire ammo to be very low quality, dirty, and unpredictable. I am using only fed bulk and cci in all the guns I shoot. I went 6000 rounds without a single failure with federal, then a few duds, then another 4000 and counting. I shoot suppressed and the cleaner cci subsonic keeps the can maintenance down. Avoid rem and particularly goldens like the plague and be happy.

I soppose when you are selling amunition customer service takes on a little more immediacy? :laugh: Good for them though.

I soppose when you are selling amunition customer service takes on a little more immediacy? :laugh: Good for them though.

the messed up part is they still havnt done anything for my buddy they say the damage to his gun should be covered under warranty through sig but yet sig says its not their products fault and to go after remington so its back n forth. The fact that i had cuts on my hand from i guess you could call it shrapnel flying through the air they put a little more importance to it since i made sure to show them the cuts, Every phone call has started out how is your hand.. i think they were worried about a lawsuit.

Back