Exhaust

VIPER

Formerly known as viperblackbusa.
Registered
So i am curious does the carbon fiber exhaust cans stay cooler then the chrome or stainless. In particular the yoshis. I have a set of yosh on my machine now and they seem to get warmer then the other exhaust and way warmer thenstock. Thoughts?

Normally you can touch or even lay your hand on a cf muffler with the bike running, and it not burn you.
As where ss or any metal will burn you instantly.
No way they should be anywhere near as hot as the stockers.

I have the stainless steel. They get hot for my passenger. That's why I was curious. I suppose the only way to cool down the midpipe is to rap?

I have the stainless steel. They get hot for my passenger. That's why I was curious. I suppose the only way to cool down the midpipe is to rap?

Sorry, thought you had the carbon fiber.
All ss, aluminum, or any metal exhaust is going to get very hot, no way around it.
Wrapping the midpipes will do nothing noticeable. Wrapping the header and midpipes is anyone's argument as to an improvement.
At best it may keep a couple degrees of heat off of your feet. Performance gains, who knows.
If any difference at all, the small temperature drop of the wrapped header and midpipes will just transfer a little more heat through the mufflers, thus warming them up a few degrees.
I put full ss exhaust on the first sportbike I owned...every one since has gotten carbon fiber mufflers.

My Cannon runs much cooler than stock. It might get hot under demanding use but it cools off in minutes of shutting the bike down. I always though any aftermarket pipe would run cooler than a stock with all the baffles and packing they have inside.

My Cannon runs much cooler than stock. It might get hot under demanding use but it cools off in minutes of shutting the bike down. I always though any aftermarket pipe would run cooler than a stock with all the baffles and packing they have inside.

Yes, but he has slipons, and the catalytic converter is still there.
The converter is causing some heat build up.

Wouldn't wrapping the mid pipe make the cans hotter? The heat has to go somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

A titanium exhaust with carbon cans is the way to go. The cans stay cool to the touch and the titanium pipes do not get as hot and cool to the touch in just a couple of minutes. Good luck with your choice.

So i gather i need to buy a header to get rid of the cats and then switch to carbon cans to reduce the heat on the passnger. Shouldnt be too hard. Recommendations for a header? Then will i have to buy new midpipes to work with the header?

I have the AH full system,SS, I can put my hand on it as soon as I stop, it's very warm but won't burn my hand.

full Ti w/ carbon Leo Vince and you can grab the carbon exhaust it never gets hot.

So i gather i need to buy a header to get rid of the cats and then switch to carbon cans to reduce the heat on the passnger. Shouldnt be too hard. Recommendations for a header? Then will i have to buy new midpipes to work with the header?

Just buy a whole system. Save weight,improve performance,improved sound...all sorts of bonus.

If you buy a 4-2-1 system...then only one of her feet will get hot. :laugh:

RSD.

Yea, go with the full system. I got the Yosh full 4-2-1 system with carbon can. I like the look of the single side way better than the duals.
The carbon can gets warm but u can touch it without burning. My passenger says she can tell a difference wth the carbon vs. stock re: heat radiating to her feet.

Vance&Hines is the only company that makes a universal header.
It's ss and works with ANY mufflers, including stock.
You don't need midpipes either, as the midpipes that are made on to the R77 mufflers will fit the V&H header. ANY gen2 slipons will fit the V&H header.
Otherwise, if you want a full dual exhaust system, you can get an Akropovic with cf mufflers.
Or a Ti-Force...if you can find one.
You'll have a lot of choices if you want a full single exhaust with a cf muffler.

I hate choices!!! Ok rounding up funds may have to chat with ish

Back