Exhaust system - need assistance!

KYT

Registered
Alright guys..
I've been all around the web for weeks looking at styles and listening to youtube clips. Checking out other member's rides. Manufacturer's websites.
Even read the entire thread about exhaust theory.

I've decided what is important to me, and for how I ride.
But I feel like there's a gap of information I'm looking for, that I just cannot find. Maybe its not there to be found. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places.
I don't know.

I want a full exhaust system.
But I'm not interested in making max HP on a dyno, or going to the strip.
I want to cut weight, increase low-mid range power, and still keep dual cans.
I don't care about "bling", but I don't really like the short slash cuts and megaphones either.
I don't care a lot about how it sounds, as long as it isn't busting ear drums or getting me fines.

I like the TiForce full systems, and that's probably what I'll default to, if I can't find something that better suits what I want to do.
Heat Magic makes some slip-ons that are dual-dual cans (4), that's really cool! I'm just not willing to pay $2000+ for some slipons.
I understand most full systems run around $1000-1500.

From the exhaust theory discussion, it seems to me that I would want smaller diameter pipes for more velocity. I know the collectors reduce velocity before splitting back into the dual cans.
Doesn't anyone make a 4-2 system?
I've found places claiming to sell 4-2 full systems, but the MFG for those systems don't mention it at all on their site. So I figured they were probably just typos. Maybe supposed to actually be 4-2-1 and they just forgot the -1.
Does no one make a 4-2 system because there is no benefit?
or just because it might produce max HP number on par with the stock system? I'm fine with that, as long as there's a low-mid boost.

Around here, I don't have the space necessary to run in the high rev range.
I will get up there getting on the freeway and what not, only through the first couple gears. But power down low-mid would be more useful to me.

I was also trying to find a list or something of full system weights.
If I can't get a system that puts the power where I want it, I'll probably just go with the lightest dual setup.

I'm impartial to appearance for the most part.
I like the Ti systems, but if I found one that had CF cans, it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Though I probably would be less inclined to go for it, if it was SS.

Does anyone have any ideas?
This is just how I am, I can't just buy the most trendy, and easily accessible thing I can find. I have to research everything i can think of until the only option left is either the 1 part that fits perfectly and is no longer made/supported by anyone, or I have to compromise because what I want doesn't exist, and I can't afford to have it custom fabricated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I just don't have it in me to admit failure.

Last edited:
Akrapovic :thumbsup:

987311fdfd1d7fa173ce9f03f162f370.jpg

3c24e6f61fae5b68fd23697ce3d05540.jpg

49847647e436bece1f5d9482caff0daf.jpg

And it's way over the stock curve everywhere else, that plus the 30 lb+ weight savings makes it well worth it :thumbsup:

That will smooth out your acceleration....you will be playing more in the 5-9k rpm range anyway with your biggest improvement coming from 4500-7500. :thumbsup:

Not much happens below 4000 rpm:beerchug:

If you need more low grunt go up a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket.

Akra is really good give me a call and i'll see what I can do for ya on the .org price ???

That will smooth out your acceleration....you will be playing more in the 5-9k rpm range anyway with your biggest improvement coming from 4500-7500. :thumbsup:
Not much happens below 4000 rpm:beerchug:
If you need more low grunt go up a couple of teeth on the rear sprocket.

I don't use 5-9 much as it is. 3-7ish mostly.
Low end pull is what I'm ultimately after, is there a way to change the sproket gearing with out messing up the speedo/odo?
I don't have a lot of expendable cash, so if changing the gearing means I have to also buy a speedo healer, I just won't change the gearing.
I was thinking about getting the lighter sprockets, and one of those EVO Shift stars too. Would I have to change the chain?
Haven't done any research on chain/sprocket conversion yet.
It won't bother me any if it lowers my top speed, we don't have any roads long enough to go 186mph anyway lol

And it's way over the stock curve everywhere else, that plus the 30 lb+ weight savings makes it well worth it :thumbsup:

Very interested in the weight savings, but every other MFG weighs less than stock. Its the power everywhere else, well the top portion of it anyway, that doesn't really concern me.

Akra is really good give me a call and i'll see what I can do for ya on the .org price ???

I'll certainly get with site sponsors first, once I make a final decision.

Why did you buy a Busa if you are not going to ride it like it was meant to be riden ???

"I don't use 5-9 much as it is. 3-7ish mostly."

lol well it does what 90 @8k in 2nd? something like that
Yea that's great, and its awesome, but I'd like it to pull a little harder from the start.
That's completely unnecessary when I live 5min from where I work.
And there's traffic and lights and black girls on cellphones driving SUVs everywhere around here. I'm not going to use all that power up top.
Top speed so far is only 125.

But the wife and I hit up some twisties on the weekends whenever we can.
I'm not a MotoGP racer, my chicken strips are about .5" on either side of my rear tire.
Still haven't scraped a foot peg, and I'm not trying to drag knee.
I got a Busa for its size, style and power. At 6'4" I look Fn stupid on GSXR600.
LoL you should see me on a Daytona 675 :laugh:
They are cute though..

Around town, commuting, backroads on weekends..
That's what we do.

The speedo is already off from the factory...some say theirs are not, but most are about 7% off....reading faster than actual.

Rear sprocket is a easy/cheap fix for low grunt.

I recently change my front sprocket (-1) on my GEN1 and kept my 10k mile chain on as it is in great shape. Most will tell you to change it out, but if it is good...keep it as long as it still fits and gives you room to adjust .

lol well it does what 90 @8k in 2nd? something like that
Yea that's great, and its awesome, but I'd like it to pull a little harder from the start.
That's completely unnecessary when I live 5min from where I work.
And there's traffic and lights and black girls on cellphones driving SUVs everywhere around here. I'm not going to use all that power up top.
Top speed so far is only 125.

But the wife and I hit up some twisties on the weekends whenever we can.
I'm not a MotoGP racer, my chicken strips are about .5" on either side of my rear tire.
Still haven't scraped a foot peg, and I'm not trying to drag knee.
I got a Busa for its size, style and power. At 6'4" I look Fn stupid on GSXR600.
LoL you should see me on a Daytona 675 :laugh:
They are cute though..

Around town, commuting, backroads on weekends..
That's what we do.

Put a 46 rear sprocket on it and go have some fun :beerchug:

The speedo is already off from the factory...some say theirs are not, but most are about 7% off....reading faster than actual.
Rear sprocket is a easy/cheap fix for low grunt.
I recently change my front sprocket (-1) on my GEN1 and kept my 10k mile chain on as it is in great shape. Most will tell you to change it out, but if it is good...keep it as long as it still fits and gives you room to adjust .

There's a variance between the busa and my wife's 2000 CBR600F4.
Going the same distance, my odo will read more miles than her's does.
We just assumed mine was right since it was brand new.
Those police radar speed checking things they put on the side of the road don't pick us up when we ride by them. Its like they only see cars or something, so I don't have anything to calibrate it against.

So you're saying, I should not worry about finding a system with a low-mid power bias, and just change the sprockets?

Put a 46 rear sprocket on it and go have some fun :beerchug:

What's on it stock, 45?

There's a variance between the busa and my wife's 2000 CBR600F4.
Going the same distance, my odo will read more miles than her's does.
We just assumed mine was right since it was brand new.
Those police radar speed checking things they put on the side of the road don't pick us up when we ride by them. Its like they only see cars or something, so I don't have anything to calibrate it against.

So you're saying, I should not worry about finding a system with a low-mid power bias, and just change the sprockets?

What's on it stock, 45?

Gen1 17/40...stock
Gen2 18/43...stock

"So you're saying, I should not worry about finding a system with a low-mid power bias, and just change the sprockets?"

You will NOT find a after market system with a "low-mid" power bias...they will ALL be "mid-peak HP"

Anytime you build a exhaust system to build MAX low end power...it will not make good high end power :rulez:

Gen1 17/40...stock
Gen2 18/43...stock

holy crap is that going to make me wheelie?
is there a difference between - on the front and + on the rear?

Where can I find out what kind of differences the sprockets make?

but back to the original issue at hand, what I'm wanting to do isn't going to work out with just an exhaust system?
and no one makes a 4into2 system?

I need definite answers, or I will not be able to sleep at night :banghead:

You will NOT find a after market system with a "low-mid" power bias...they will ALL be "mid-peak HP"

Anytime you build a exhaust system to build MAX low end power...it will not make good high end power :rulez:

yup I realize that

Last edited:
holy crap is that going to make me wheelie?
is there a difference between - on the front and + on the rear?

Where can I find out what kind of differences the sprockets make?

but back to the original issue at hand, what I'm wanting to do isn't going to work out with just an exhaust system?
and no one makes a 4into2 system?

I need definite answers, or I will not be able to sleep at night :banghead:

Give it up with the exhaust system DUDE...you're livin' a 'pipe' dream :banghead:

Going up on the rear is the same as going down on the front from a performance issue. Going down on the front puts more stress on the chain.

Back