Exhaust suggestion question

Robusa

Registered
Just purchased my new 2011, looking to upgrade to a better looking exhaust, any suggestions on what to get and where to get it?

Full single, full dual, stainless steel, carbon fiber, just mufflers, full exhaust, loud, quiet?

OK how about mufflers only stainless??

Slip-ons aren't cheap either, just because there's two.
If loud is what you want, any slip-ons or bolt-ons can be cut shorter or have some packing removed(slip-ons have midpipes that fit to the factory header, bolt-ons are just that, mufflers that bolt to the factory midpipes).
If you want "cheap" looks and sound, gen1 bolt-ons will fit gen2 midpipes on the opposite sides(logo plates will be on the inside if put on a gen2). The muffler side bolt pattern of the gen1 and gen2 midpipe are the mirror image of each other. I had a set of gen1 Two brothers on my gen2 this way before I bought my current exhaust.
DanMoto also makes nice slipons for under $200.
Slip-ons or bolt-ons give you looks, sound, and a nice improvement in handling. With aftermarket mufflers weighing a couple lbs each vs the 17lb each gen2 stockers, the bike flicks side to side through curves much better.
Hp gain may be 1 or 2, and not noticeable.
A full exhaust can give you roughly up to 10hp, and dyno tuning will make the best of it.
Full exhaust on a gen2 also eliminates the catalytic converter, which will cook your feet.:beerchug:

Personally, I would wait until I saved up enough money so I could buy a good exhaust system. Depends on what you want the system for also. Different systems do different things in different ways.

I think pretty much any exhaust looks better than the stock exhaust.Yosh makes nice 4 into 1 but a brocks will be louder and give a little more power.

Just pick that tsukigi for sale in the classified. You ll never look for any other exhaust again . One of the finest there is in the market.

bigron said:
Just pick that tsukigi for sale in the classified. You ll never look for any other exhaust again . One of the finest there is in the market.

Excellent choice! I say this because it's what I have. Quality is second to none and the sound is badd a$$!

Back