exhaust, stay with duals or go single pipe

chain maintenence is easier with a Single Sided Pipe.............just another thought

So is getting your foot to the kickstand. My bike came with a Hindle system, and I always have to try two or three time to get to the kickstand on other bikes (has happened on another 'Busa, a '09 GSXR 1k, and a '07 Tuono).

I think they look better with 2 carbon fiber slip ons. :huh: However, I'm in the minority there, no doubt.

I love twins, i got R77 slip ons and love them. I love the way the busa looks nice and fat from the back.

i have been thinking about which exhaust i want on my 08 busa, i just can't decide if i should stick with the duals and just get slip ons, or if i should get a full system with one pipe. Originally i didn't really like the dual pipes, but now i'm kind of getting used to them. What do most of u run. I thought about the ebay exhaust tip/mufflers but i'm sure they are just too loud, i like a little sound and rumble but don't want it soundin like crap. Don't really care about gettin any more power out of the bike, she has plenty for me haha. What do u guys think
I have always loved the dual look. So I went with slips on both my busa and 14. But the duals on the busa were getting in the way off passenger getting on, and burning their legs, so I begrudgingly went with a nice tight tucked in yosh 4-2-1 R-22 system. It looks stunning on the bike (which I knew it would ;) ), but at first the leftside did look kinda empty :laugh: But the tremendous difference in feel and handling due to the huge weight loss, and the BIG power gain and upper rpm hit has won me over. Due to that and the MUCH easier chain access...and the fact my wife can get on the bike without burning her shoes and legs onto my pipes.......I'm now a believer :bowdown:
I also need to add the single pipe tucked in makes the rear tire look HUGE.....it almost looks like it has a fat tire kit on the back with the stock size rubber.............looks mean :laugh:
Get the 4/1 :beerchug:

Last edited:
Small displacement bikes use 1 pipe because that is all they require

The Hayabusa doesn't use 2 pipes cause it "needs" both; it's for looks. The new gsxr1000 also has dual exhaust but in the past has always had a single; it has nothing to do with power and everything to do with looks. I put a 4-2-1 Yoshi RS-3 on my 01 busa and I have a 4-2-1 Yoshi R77 on my 08; it made for great weight savings. My stock exhaust on the 08 was almost 60lbs, and the new exhaust is only 14lbs. Single exhaust also flows better due to less turbulence.

i also just added a single sided, full muzzy system. has a nice rumble at idle and sounds great reved up, but i still need a commander and tune:laugh:

Last edited:
Single sided Brock's Shortmeg for me. The weight savings is worth the price of a full system!!!!!

the hayabusa doesn't use 2 pipes cause it "needs" both; it's for looks. The new gsxr1000 also has dual exhaust but in the past has always had a single; it has nothing to do with power and everything to do with looks. I put a 4-2-1 yoshi rs-3 on my 01 busa and i have a 4-2-1 yoshi r77 on my 08; it made for great weight savings. My stock exhaust on the 08 was almost 60lbs, and the new exhaust is only 14lbs. Single exhaust also flows better due to less turbulence.
60 lbs. ? Mine was 48, the two bros. 4-2-1 w/cf can is 12 lbs.

yeah, i think i will just plan on getting a set of yosh carbon slip ons, just wanted to see what most guys prefer, single side or duals. I guess it does look pretty mean with dual pipes, i just wish they weren't so expensive
I have 2000 dollar exhaust that’s too loud, too fast and is a 4-1 ,hayabusa sounds like a banshee warrior muzzy..lesson learned, slip ons for my katana, was a waste, too .bikes run better stock, the hayabusa is best I’d fared with muzzy 4-1 titanium.. but in the street it became es tedious. If you need noise, I accelerate ..the busa sounds fine. YOSH slip ons are good alternative. I had yosh 4-1 on my Honda 750f …what a bike.

What was the question?
74C6CBA8-5520-4ACF-935F-46329D5688EE.jpeg

Back