exhaust, stay with duals or go single pipe

hemi

Registered
i have been thinking about which exhaust i want on my 08 busa, i just can't decide if i should stick with the duals and just get slip ons, or if i should get a full system with one pipe. Originally i didn't really like the dual pipes, but now i'm kind of getting used to them. What do most of u run. I thought about the ebay exhaust tip/mufflers but i'm sure they are just too loud, i like a little sound and rumble but don't want it soundin like crap. Don't really care about gettin any more power out of the bike, she has plenty for me haha. What do u guys think

go with Hotbodies shorties....they are not terribly loud. Friend of mine has them on his 08 and they sound good.

If your don't care about more power & it seems your diggin' the dual look. You mine as well just go w/ a nice set of slip-ons.
A little better sound and a nice look. Good to go.

i was thinkin about that, but a set of slip ons is barely cheaper than a full system. Wish i could remove one side of the pipe and buy a nice yosh slip on to replace the other side. Not really comfortable with tearin the bike apart to install a full system, that's why i'm kind of leanin towards slip on

I have the headers for a yoshi single pipe. I got it with the purchase of my 2nd hayabusa, the can was a oval one that had a small dent and a little bit of rash. If you are looking to find a new slip on I could sell you the headers for it at a reasonable price.

I think, IMHO, that from the back, this bike was supposed to have a dual set up. It gives it a hunkerd down, bad ass lookin vibe. Small displacement bikes use 1 pipe because that is all they require.........Dunno about you, but I will ALWAYS run duals. As mentioned earlier in this thread, run a set of slip/bolt ons for more sound......or core your stock pipes, if you are diggin the dual look.

dunno about the Gen II set up. On the Gen I it looks like it can be done. You basically remove the end cap, remove the peashooter pipe in the middle and drill a few holes INSIDE the exhaust. I did it to my SV1000S that I had. It was fairly easy to do. They called it a muffler Ectomy.

If I may throw in a word on this. I loved the sound of the drilled exhaust on the SV. But once drilled, there is no turning back. you can not make it quiet again.....might make it difficult to appease a LEO who is giving a "fix it" ticket.

Trust me:laugh:

dunno about the Gen II set up. On the Gen I it looks like it can be done. You basically remove the end cap, remove the peashooter pipe in the middle and drill a few holes INSIDE the exhaust. I did it to my SV1000S that I had. It was fairly easy to do. They called it a muffler Ectomy.

If I may throw in a word on this. I loved the sound of the drilled exhaust on the SV. But once drilled, there is no turning back. you can not make it quiet again.....might make it difficult to appease a LEO who is giving a "fix it" ticket.

Trust me:laugh:

....and have you priced a GEN II oem muffler?

yeah, i think i will just plan on getting a set of yosh carbon slip ons, just wanted to see what most guys prefer, single side or duals. I guess it does look pretty mean with dual pipes, i just wish they weren't so expensive

Here is a few to take a look at that we have on the website:

2008 Hayabusa Exhaust: Motorcycle Exhaust - Full Exhaust - Slip On Exhaust Systems - ToBeFast.com

We can get just about any exhaust out there so just let us know if you would like another brand Sales@tobefast.com

For anyone that would like a 99-07 Exhaust: Motorcycle Exhaust - Full Exhaust - Slip On Exhaust Systems - ToBeFast.com

Hope this helps you out.

Team McCoy MotorSports
ToBeFast: Motorcycle, Streetbike, Cruiser and Offroad ? Parts, Accessories and Apparel Superstore
Sales@tobefast.com
Phone (606) 432-1556

bought mine single sided, if it would have stayed stock i probably would have kept the dual mounts.

mine is single sided for more power and torque.Looks wise for dual go for HMF the tip of both the cans can be changed to different colours,its high mount too.

Get a full system and keep the duals. This is a sweet system LINKY

side_akro.jpg

rear_akro.jpg

Back