exhaust question

copskahn

Registered
i need some advice with this. i have an 06 busa , which exhaust system would yeild more hp with a stock motor, a akrapovic system or a yoshimura.

depends on the tuning. i run a yosh 4-2-1, PCIII, TRE, 93 octane Amoco fuel or Sunoco 94 (depends on whats closer), pair valve mod, and my girl twisted 172.1 RWHP.

I have a set of slip ons (Akrapovic carbon fiber) with 200 miles run threw them. Will sell them for $450.00 if you want them.:beerchug:

i've had 2 yoshi's
if you want quiet, thats the 1.
now i have a tsukigi:bowdown:
that or a brocks are the pick for power, if noise isn't a factor

I went with Yoshi's because aren't they teamed up with Suzuki, kind of go hand in hand, so I figured they might have a little better insight with the factory than say someone on the outside.

Muzzy megaphone.....with a map, and a PC....awesome HP !!!! :super:

I would buy based on sound and looks myself... side by side, they are all going to be so close to each other on power that you wont be able to tell the difference anyway..

I would avoid the obnoxious loud myself just because they draw too much attention and they are awful on long rides..

I went from stock to Yoshi carbon fiber slip ons with PCIII, no noticeable difference in sound or performance. Went from Yoshi slip ons to Muzzy 4-1, remapped PCIII to the map they provide for the Muzzy, the change was very noticeable in both performance and sound.

There are plenty of good systems out there. If you are going for performance, don't waste your time with slip ons, go full system. Beyond that it's a matter of splitting hairs and it will most likely come down to price and which one looks best in your opinion. Also consider the noise factor. Yeah some of the louder systems sound great but when you are hearing it for hours on end, it can get a little old, not to mention it could create problems with the local po po depending upon how hard they enforce it in your area.

If money wasn't a factor, I would have a Yoshi full carbon fiber system on my 06. I know a guy that has one on his Gixxer 750, great sound, great look and great performance but also a great big price tag.

Back