Exhaust popping on downshift

Blacksmith

Registered
Probably an ignorant newbie question but I've searched it and cant find anything definitive. When I downshift the exhaust pops quite a bit, is it just an aftermarket exhaust sound they all make or is it because of the tune on my power commander? Idk what the tune is or if it's doing anything other than cutting the speed limiter off. It's not a problem if it's normal but if it needs a better tune and the popping is due to bad fueling then I need to get it fixed.

It's probably the emission system causing the popping. It's normal and generally harmless. It can be stopped however by disabling the PAIR system, which pumps air in the exhaust stream to burn unused fuels. Search here on "the marble mod".

It sounds like you bought the bike with the PC already installed. You should take the bike to a good tuner just to be safe. If the bike runs fine you're probably ok but who knows what map the bike is running.

Ok thanks guys I just didnt want it to be a lean condition that could cause damage. I would ask for the sound but I don't mind it. I haven't heard stock exhausted bikes around here do it and the modded Busas sound like they've been rednecked anyway

It's probably the emission system causing the popping. It's normal and generally harmless. It can be stopped however by disabling the PAIR system, which pumps air in the exhaust stream to burn unused fuels. Search here on "the marble mod".

It sounds like you bought the bike with the PC already installed. You should take the bike to a good tuner just to be safe. If the bike runs fine you're probably ok but who knows what map the bike is running.
Yes sir I out it with the full exhaust and PC already installed. I want to take it to a good tune asap anyway just to see what's there and if it can be improved any bit idk any around my area just yet. I'm sure I'll have to go to Fl to find one is just a matter of how far

I read up on installing my slip ons here before I ever bought them and did the marble mod at the same time, while I had the tank up a couple weeks ago installing my quick turn throttle tube I decided to remove the marble and see what it was actually doing. I found that I love the popping thru the exhaust and decided that was the way for me to go. You could probably do the marble mod just to test and be sure it's the pair valve causing your popping.

I have a full Akra system and have never had the popping on decel, and yes, I have the marble mod. I may just remove the marble to see what I've got popping-wise, but I want to remove all the PAIR system hardware and fit block off plates as soon as I can find some cheap.
Anyone got a set they wanna part with?

Back