Exhaust packing

Caperj

Registered
Anyone have experience with the yosh pipes? My question is how often do you change your packing? Do you follow yosh recommendations

No experience repacking Yosh's, but with Two Brothers, the directions or 'recommendations' are rather nebulous.

I know it's time to re-pack mine, but the 2Bros Customer Service tech said 'if you knock on them and they sound hollow, it's time to repack them'.

Well, that's just a tad subjective, don't you think? I'm sure that if I knocked on them when they were brand new, they'd probably have sounded somewhat hollow. Of course, it never occurred to me at that tender time that I'd have to knock on something to compare it to the same thing 22,000+ miles later. Der...dayum I feel so stupid. :whistle:

Anyway, good luck, brother. I have two sets of 2Bros pipes and zero Yosh.

hmm i think i don't have to get my scorpions repacked ... i think ... maybe ... ahh i might have to look into this now

Any fiberglass muffler will loose its packing sooner or later..... either burns out or detaches and blows out, usually you can tell because they exhaust starts to get real loud and raspy(tinny sounding). Really the only one that is real critical to repack often is carbon fiber mufflers, as they will start to run real hot and could possibly melt or crack.

I know it's time to re-pack mine, but the 2Bros Customer Service tech said 'if you knock on them and they sound hollow, it's time to repack them'.

:rofl: You got the same line I did. $ maker IMO. When I chopped mine, the tape was busted open when I pulled them out, and they did look a little 'burnt'. Was there a loss of packing? Who knows. I taped them back up tight, installed and now those puppies howl even deeper.

Last edited:
:moon:

chop.jpg

I think that by the time I need a repack I'll have a new pipe that I like better and will just buy that instead.:laugh:

I have over 5K on my 2 brothers and they still sound the same to me. I was told about the hollow sound also. I really don't think them people there don't have any idea when they need to be done. Its just a money racket if you ask me. I plan to run mine till they fall off and then buy some shorty's for mine. Good luck

Brendas Car 002.jpg

Back