Exhaust Packing...

G

I will when I find one that I think has a clue. I posted before somewhere I think it was 162 or so pc2 stock pipe but that dyno is crap, I don't trust it(it also told me 172.9 stock w/ pc2)...

No carlito I talk to the guy all the time and all the stuff I've bought from him is good. ALL of it. He(themotorhead) cut me some breaks like selling me his extra manual that screwed him online while at home but he sold it to me anyway---he had a pair of (backordered) long stacks he sold me that holds up HIS project---whatever...
Plus the **** works.

Commission?

I have the Muzzy pipe on the Busa and was curious to know what it would sound like and how it would perform with the packing removed... When I first fired the bike up it rumbled and roared like a caged beast! Then I thought "Damn this thing sounds awesome"...
So I proceeded to the nearest street and decided to whack it and noticed that lots of low end power was lost, not to mention the noise was deafening even with a helmet on. The idle started to hunt on me and needless to say I put the packing back in. Low end power was restored and things are back to normal.

yeah ya lost all backpressure, but I bet if ya ran it top end it would be damn scary.

Yeah, scary because you lost horsepower. I wondered the same about the Yosh. I called them they said"do not remove the packing, you WILL lose horsepower across the whole rpm range, no scavenging effect, no back pressure, lose 3 or 4 hp."

Same old question...ever seen a pro-stock bike with a baffle? I didn`t think so...if baffles made more hp they would run them......

1360 how bout some engine detail? Like are you using TMH airbox, PC2, what cams, etc.?

curious

Anyone who makes a change like pulling packing or doing a airbox mod ect. ect...

and don't think the bike is going to NEED RE-DIALED,

Has NO business doing the mod in the fist place!

You Need to make adjustments for each mod you do.

Even if it's just changing the stock air filter with a BMC or K&N.

Pulling the packing out will improve your overall performance, only if you do it the right way.

Don't be a half asss.

[This message has been edited by frank adams (edited 14 July 2000).]

Lanta, I noticed you like Mr. Motorhead's box a lot. Are you getting any kind of commission here or what?
Tell you what... why don't you post your dyno sheet in martin's page so everyone can see it.

Back