Exhaust  ?? D&D satin black can

Uaintlobusa

Registered
As I am waiting for my 05 LE to arrive (as we all are) Im am still trying to figure out what exhaust I want. I just read D&D makes satin black cans, (slip ons and stainless full exhaust with a satin black can).
Has anyone seen these? Does the can match the frame on the LE ?

I think I'm going with the Akrapovic bolt-ons. I had the Akro Ti on my 03 1000 and loved it. I'm also tying do decide between Ti or carbon. I think with all the metallic in the paint on the LE the Ti would look good on it too. As far as the D&D, I think those would be pretty loud. I'm not a big fan of D&D but that's just my opinion. Maybe we can get some pictures in here?

I had Satin black cans (along with a full system) on My 99 Triumph Daytona 1200. I think they would be a good match.

2tr.jpg

Can't wait to see pics of the first 05 LE. I think a cf exhaust from Hindle would look great on there.

I dont want slip ons, I was just noteing that they make slip ons and full exhaust.
As far as why D&D, I am just trying to find something that will match the color sceme of the bike, I dont like Carbon Fiber, I dont care too much for Titanium, (had them on my RC-51 and the color polished off them) I dont nessisarily want full polished since the bike will not have any other polished items on it. but will probibly end up getting that.

I have the satins on my '02 se. Good sound (what I got them for, but, I wouldn't say they were obnoxious). I think they look OK.

mybike1.jpg

The Busa with the stock system and no mufflers still isn't as loud as My triumph was with a D&D full system. My HMF Dual Himounts are no where near as loud as the D&D's were on that Triumph.

Don't get me wrong, they are considerably louder than stock. I don't think they are obnoxious though. I have heard them on single pipe 600's and they are obnoxious! I think with the dual's, it takes some of the loud raspy sound and mellows it out alittle. It sounds more like a V8 mustang now.

Don't get me wrong, they are considerably louder than stock. I don't think they are obnoxious though. I have heard them on single pipe 600's and they are obnoxious! I think with the dual's, it takes some of the loud raspy sound and mellows it out alittle. It sounds more like a V8 mustang now.
It should sound pretty good on the Busa with a stock system. I think that a full would border on obnoxious like My triumph was. I liked the sound of My triumph but no one else did. You may as well go D&D they will look good, sound good and make very little extra power but none of the slip ons do any way.

I had a D&D slip-on, on my Honda 954. Now on my busa I have dual yosh. RS3 slip-ons. They sound good, but not near as loud as the D&D's would be.

Hey man save your money dont get the sattain black d and d full system. I used to have it and in about a month the shid turned gray and began to rust. I have some pics. But wont be able to post them til i get off work.

HAD THE D&D BLACK SATIN SLIPONS ON MY 02 LE LOOKED GREAT BUT THEY WERE LOUD WITH NO POWER GAIN SWITCHED WENT TO BROCK DAVIDSON STREET SMART HINDLE SYSTEM GREAT POWER AND IT LOOKS GOOD

Hey man save your money dont get the sattain black d and d full system. I used to have it and in about a month the shid turned gray and began to rust. I have some pics. But wont be able to post them til i get off work.
I have had mine for 2 years and have no such problem (rust/greying). I wasn't going for more power (like the busa needs it) just more sound.
Relatively inexpensive, decent looking, amplifier for the busa.

If you look at the pipe before the can you can see the difference in color as opposed to the tip of the exhaust. If you scroll down you can see a closer pic and the actual graying. Maybe its the weather here and the fact my bike stays outside...but i will nvr buy d and d

Back