Exhaust mod question

thebbbusa

Donating Member
Registered
The holes you see when you look inside the aftermarket pipe are there to absorb some of the sound as the gases pass through the muffler.

Would it be possible to cut a length of thin wall pipe that would fit inside the first half of your aftermarket muffler to increase the sound output? Would that work?

I am assuming that there is an existing pipe diameter that would closely fit the inside of a given muffler. Most if not all aftermarket pipes are straight through, but have varying 'loudnesses' so the only difference can really be these holes. Just a thought.

Don't know if this would cause any problems but you could just take the packing out of them if they are aftermarket. Would be really loud then. Someone else will have to chime in if this would be harmful to the bike or not. And it would be very loud and may sound like the folgers coffee can on the import cars.

Yeah, I dunno. Just curious. If I were mod mine, I don't wanna drill the rivets out to remove packing. I am thinking I could just add a short pipe from the inlet side to about half way through. It'd almost be a straight pipe then though.

I actually really like the way mine sound, it's more a curiousity than anything else.

Back