Exhaust Mod on 06 Busa

Maicol

Registered
I have modified a lot of my bike, but have yet to mod the exhaust. For some reason it's a very hard decision. Stock Busa comes with two exhaust cans, yet nearly all after market full exhaust systems reduce the exhaust to one can... plus I have heard it eliminates the function of the butterfly valves. I want to keep the dual exhaust look, and enjoy the low end power of the bike.

So what to do... possibly go bolt on, keeping the function of butterfly valves.  I'm sure there is a way to get a full system exhaust and keep functionality of valves.  I have had some input on the topic, many say that taking some weight off by dropping a can, and increasing the horsepower makes it not that bad of a sacrifice of losing the dual look.  What route you think I should take and with what brand of exhaust?  I know HMF offers a dual full system, but Yoshi does not...

Heres your exhaust....

DSCI0067.JPG

There aren't any butterflies in the exhaust so that is of no concern. If you like the look of duals and don't want the absolute most HP, get the HMF's. It's a full system with dual cans. If you wan't the most HP and have plans of doing any motor work, get the GenIIIBrock/Hindle. I don't really recomend slipons cause most of them are $500-600 which is close enough to the price of the full systems. Look in the for sale section, there are always full systems for sale for CHEAP.

I say the Hindle.......

hayabusa4.JPG

I believe I read that yosh does make a dual exhaust. You have to request it and it take 2 to 4 weeks to fab it out. Just found this out after i just switched to a single
yosh system. I agree, I like the dual look also. I believe they just mod the mid-pipe area to branch out to each side etc.

I think D&D makes a 4-2-2 exhaust also. Big toss-up cause I'm with you that the dual can look is sweet!

I had 4 exhausts in under 400 miles for my '06 Limited. Settled on this 2.5" HMF carbon fiber single, due to the turbo kit tucked inside... I had stock, D&D polished duals, D&D carbon duals, and BD Hindle Gen 3 before this. My advice is to buy the Gen 3 and rest assured you made a great decision...

Complete5.jpg

Only draw back to duals is they hide your chrome swing arm & accys. Go with the high mounts as recommended.

(FastanStrong @ Sep. 14 2006,13:10) I believe I read that yosh does make a dual exhaust. You have to request it and it take 2 to 4 weeks to fab it out. Just found this out after i just switched to a single
yosh system. I agree, I like the dual look also. I believe they just mod the mid-pipe area to branch out to each side etc.
I just checked with the sales dept at Yoshimura site... they said they can not make a dual full system, but have a single dual tip muffler.
mad.gif

For the money, service and quality of product my vote is for HMF! Their marketing rep (Mike) let me talk to the guy in their shop who does the Dyno tunning. He reccomended the Hindle or their Bigbird system if your doing mods to engine and want pure HP. However if your plans are to stay behind the lines of superpower you will find that the Dual High mounts are just what you need. I would call and ask to have standard pipe down tip on it rather than the vector tip on the dual HMF in the above picture. My HMF pipes are getting installed now.

Back