Exhaust leaks

EAKbusa

Registered
As far as I know I do not have any leaks in my Micron system but how would I know if I did? Someone give me the low down on the proper way to check for leaks. What do I look for/listen for?

Also what effect does a leak have on performance if any?

Anyone, anyone,..... Beuhler (sorry, feeling goofy today, sun is out, another day to ride...COOL!)

Bump bump. Come on now, I have heard the topic mentioned many times and you are telling me no one really knows how to do it? So are we all just blowing hot air (get it - HOT AIR)?

Thanks Rhythm. That helps some. I wish there was more info about the issue though. I can say that my Micron system does not seem to be leaking but who knows. That's my point.

BTW, is that you in the picture, pimping on the hood? And is that a 360 Modena Ferrari? Good lord tell me that is your ride! I am jealous, major.

<!--EDIT|EAKbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1069177447 -->

Thanks Rhythm. That helps some. I wish there was more info about the issue though. I can say that my Micron system does not seem to be leaking but who knows. That's my point.

BTW, is that you in the picture, pimping on the hood? And is that a 360 Modena Ferrari? Good lord tell me that is your ride! I am jealous, major.
If you do not hear anything when listening careful, most liely you do not have a leak. I think maybe the map. post the map and see if any off us can take a look at it.

If you do not hear anything when listening careful, most liely you do not have a leak.   I think maybe the map.   post the map and see if any off us can take a look at it.
I am using the "stock" Micron system map and it is decent except for one glitch at 4000 rpm. Johnnycheese sent me another one to try but I have not fired it up yet (maybe tonight?). I will also take a closer listen to my bike to see if I hear any leaks at the 4-2 junction or the headers but I doubt I have any. Just curious more than anythiung and wondering how it affects perfromance if I did have leaks.
Thanks guys.

Eric

An exhaust leak near the header can cause the exhaust system to pop/ping repeatedly on decelaration......... You should be able to hear most exhaust leaks (especially, when your bike isn't warmed up!) Generally a loud ticking noise. With all your fairings off in an open area a sniffer could find a leak if you had one. But, generally people don't go to this lengths for a street bike....

EAKbusa Posted on Nov. 18 2003,11:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/QUOTE]

No prob Eak, the Pimp is pushn a 1972 baby blue station wagon with wood panel trimming along the side.  Gotta have room for the honey's :laugh:

This is a ablum cover of singer/rapper named Fabulos that I photochop'd .

<marquee> Pimpn aint Easy !</marquee>

Back