exhaust is next for me, what kind would you get?

Towboater68

Registered
Well I have new Galfer rotors (front and back) with pads, galfer platinum lines front and back, speedo healer, gear indicator, +3 sprocket, K&N air filter, NGK plugs all in the boxes at the house waiting on me to get home and install it all this week. Yippeeeee

My next purchase is going to be full exhaust system. I have slip ons now but I see a lot of people using different setups but Brock's seems to be the favorite. I'm just wondering which sounds the best but isn't super loud where the cops will be messing with me. Around where I live if you ain't on a Harley the cops don't like you. I thought I would see what everyone's different opinions are...

Thanks

HMMMMM, bet this would look nice on it....

002.JPG

I just got a ti-force, this will be my 2nd full exhaust for the busa and while its not overtly loud in the lower RPM's buzzing around town when I open her up on the highway this thing screams like a banshee :thumbsup:

IMG-20130203-00400_zps7364521f.jpg

I have on 07 that I put a Brocks Street Meg on and loved it, but it wasn't making enough horse power. So I went with a Rotary Muffler. It added about 300HP. Bike has been a hoot ever since.

I have on 07 that I put a Brocks Street Meg on and loved it, but it wasn't making enough horse power. So I went with a Rotary Muffler. It added about 300HP. Bike has been a hoot ever since.

Oh heck yea, I found the dump pipe exhaust to be the best :laugh:

"rotary muffler" that's the only decent kind IMHO. :-)

The exhaust that YOU like the looks and sound of is the best one to buy.
Go to a bike night or drag strip to hear different ones in person. Youtube and sound clips are good, but they can't truly replicate the sound.
You can also lay your hand on a carbon fiber muffler on a hot day, for what that's worth to you.

Brocks have a very nice, very loud street legal (and not so legal) exhaust system. the M4's are a good option too. Still very loud, a "Brockish" sound. Yoshimura is loud to, not as loud as the brocks but still loud, a nice street exhaust and they work with Suzuki for the development so excellent quallity. But over the Yoshis, M4's, and Brocks I'll recomend Akrapovic. I have a full 4-2-1 Titanium and is simply outstanding. Very light system (half the weight of a Yoshimura stainless steel or even less) Is not very loud, is more like a deep clean sound even at high RPMs. It's more expensive than the Yoshimura but in the price line of the Brocks

What ever works for you interms of looks and sound. I prefer the Tiforce dual full titanium exhausts.

I have the yoshi r22 chrome pipes on mine. they have a nice tone at idle but get good and loud at about 8k

I have the R55 and it isn't too loud until you really get on it. Nice and small too. Oh did I mention it could be bought? :D

IMAG0014.jpg

I have the full 2 bro's. I like the sound and look. I'm not into the cone looking Brocks or Alien head. They look like hearing aids from the 1800's

hearing_aid_silver_Phipps_and_Robinson1810.3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back