Exhaust install

Buddyjoel86

Registered
Hey guys installed a full yoshi exhaust and didn’t think to check the stock gaskets installed the hole thing and no air leaking or anything. Is there anything that could harm it from just leaving it or am I going to haft to take the hole thing apart again and remove them please help thank you ????

Yoshi says no gaskets. Took mine out. I would just leave it though, unless you hear a leak.

Was it easy to install the full exhaust? Did you have to take apart the radiator ?

Not take apart, not on a Gen 2, but unbolting it from engine/frame allowed me to push it back/away (all hoses attached) to gain easier access to the header bolts. I had to disconnect the fan electrical - snipping zip ties for a clip-off-on. My goal was not to have to drain the rad, and accomplished that during my header swap.

Not take apart, not on a Gen 2, but unbolting it from engine/frame allowed me to push it back/away (all hoses attached) to gain easier access to the header bolts. I had to disconnect the fan electrical - snipping zip ties for a clip-off-on. My goal was not to have to drain the rad, and accomplished that during my header swap.
Yup.

little hint especially for these exhaust bolts:

I allways use this "weicon" paste on their thread

it stands up to 1400°C :bowdown: - result : the bolts are nice to screw out even after ten years or more !

and for super handy use i now can get this in a tube comparable to that of toothpaste :thumbsup:

falling in love with this paste i also use it for all steel bolts into aluminium threads :thumbsup:

look for similar/equal in the us - perhaps weicon delivers also overseas ;-)

little hint especially for these exhaust bolts:

I allways use this "weicon" paste on their thread

it stands up to 1400°C :bowdown: - result : the bolts are nice to screw out even after ten years or more !

and for super handy use i now can get this in a tube comparable to that of toothpaste :thumbsup:

falling in love with this paste i also use it for all steel bolts into aluminium threads :thumbsup:

look for similar/equal in the us - perhaps weicon delivers also overseas ;-)
Anti-seize is commonly available. I use it on exhaust bolts and spark plugs.

Back