Exhaust help

Every bike i have owned i have done it for sound. It seams and it maybe only me, the 4 to 1 is louder than the 4 to 2. That being said, i have always had duels because i have to have a balanced bike. One is lopsided and drives me nutz!
To my ears a dual exhaust always sounded better with the harmonics generated by the crossover.

To my ears a dual exhaust always sounded better with the harmonics generated by the crossover.
Correct, especially in the Busa.

IMG_1357.jpg

I have had a single exhaust on a bike for so long, they sound the same to me...there might be a slight difference on idle but once the revs get up, I hear no difference.

I've had black widow, decent bit of kit but when it came to the dyno back to back with just slip ons, it somehow lost 4 hp.

Mapped with slip ons then replicated with the full system and atmosphere.
Are you saying you lost 4hp using ther blank widow header??

Thr one that @ottafish used I believe was the black widow header and is supposed to be same dimensions as the stock from what I read. That would give you the duals and the slip ons should fit, if your trying to go single sided sometime else should have done that and know which header to use.

Correct - Black Widow. The one I got was their latest "race" version. 4>2 system.
Bolted straight up, good fit. The silencers I have at the moment bolt to the factory mid pipes.
Both the company that did the ceramic coating and also the shop that did the dyno were both very impressed with the headers (The shop runs a Suzuki race team)

I don't have a before and after dyno run, but with the BW headers and bolt ons, she pulled 186 rw. Which I'm more than happy with and a nice torque curve

Correct - Black Widow. The one I got was their latest "race" version. 4>2 system.
Bolted straight up, good fit. The silencers I have at the moment bolt to the factory mid pipes.
Both the company that did the ceramic coating and also the shop that did the dyno were both very impressed with the headers (The shop runs a Suzuki race team)

I don't have a before and after dyno run, but with the BW headers and bolt ons, she pulled 186 rw. Which I'm more than happy with and a nice torque curve
Good numbers that fall within the average to be expected :)

dears?
you better don´t compare taste - remember the monkey biting the piece of soap - it liked that taste and no one else.

the only question is how much weight you wanna loose at the bike
to shorten the way to last braking point.

i tested this correlation on the race track
where you fight for the last inch you brake later than all the others. ;-)

:D

Back