Exhaust help

Jgarcia6988

Registered
Hello all

I purchased this in February of 2019. I added youshimura R77 slip ons. I like them a lot and they look good on the bike.
So the question I am asking is it worth switching to full system single or full system double? I don’t need extra power. I think I want to get a different sound.
people say on gen2 that both exhaust looks better than just having one.
What are your thoughts ?
Thank you in advanced

FAEEB3F7-3627-418D-B4F7-9576E9F1D9FD.jpeg

BD34B8C9-12D4-461A-A528-37E65F89BEFE.jpeg

I have a full single Yosh R77 on mine, saves some weight.

Depending on how deep your pockets go, you can get full Ti duel sets which are pretty light and have 2 cans...

Personally I've always had a bike with a single exhaust so I'm used to the look.

I do agree the duel cans look good.

I have a full single Yosh R77 on mine, saves some weight.

Depending on how deep your pockets go, you can get full Ti duel sets which are pretty light and have 2 cans...

Personally I've always had a bike with a single exhaust so I'm used to the look.

I do agree the duel cans look good.
My pockets are not that deep lol. Since I have the cans I just need to the get the head and attach one to it right ?

My pockets are not that deep lol. Since I have the cans I just need to the get the head and attach one to it right ?

Yep, you can get 4-2 lightweight headers which I believe your cans will fit on or buy a 4-2-1 header and use one can...the drawback to that is what do you do with the other can?

There are many different exhaust systems out there for the Hayabusa. Check the classified section of this forum as there are often systems for sale.

I started with R77 CF slipons. They were nice but the full exhaust opens the motor up. The first thing you will think is "wow, the engine must have been choking with the OEM header!" Sound is a bit more aggressive and louder without the baffles, but the basic character of the exhaust note is similar. HP was up 3-5 hp. I prefer the 4-3-1 configuration for weight savings, chain access, cost, and the racier look. Remember to add the cost of an ECU tune or power commander if you go full exhaust.

To me slipons are a waste of money, especially as a stepping stone to a full exhaust. The R-77 CF slipons are almost the same cost as the full system because of the 2 cans. When asked, I tell people go straight to a 4-2-1 titanium exhaust right from OEM, in the end that will be the cheapest route. I did sell my R77 slipons but I still took a $600 hit.

The problem with this type of question is that you will have a varied response from a varied audience. There are those of us who are trying to extract every decimal point of hp and performance, there are those of us who only want a little more sound but will never or rarely rev the engine anywhere near where freeing of the exhaust would matter or don’t want to get into fine tuning the setup after the swap etc and there’s the guy doing it purely for looks and will pick based upon what looks sweet to them. So what all that said “it depends” lol
I fall into the 4-2-1 camp, but love the look of the R77 with both cans.

Last edited:
Every bike i have owned i have done it for sound. It seams and it maybe only me, the 4 to 1 is louder than the 4 to 2. That being said, i have always had duels because i have to have a balanced bike. One is lopsided and drives me nutz!

I started with R77 CF slipons. They were nice but the full exhaust opens the motor up. The first thing you will think is "wow, the engine must have been choking with the OEM header!" Sound is a bit more aggressive and louder without the baffles, but the basic character of the exhaust note is similar. HP was up 3-5 hp. I prefer the 4-3-1 configuration for weight savings, chain access, cost, and the racier look. Remember to add the cost of an ECU tune or power commander if you go full exhaust.

To me slipons are a waste of money, especially as a stepping stone to a full exhaust. The R-77 CF slipons are almost the same cost as the full system because of the 2 cans. When asked, I tell people go straight to a 4-2-1 titanium exhaust right from OEM, in the end that will be the cheapest route. I did sell my R77 slipons but I still took a $600 hit.
I paid $600 for them

The problem with this type of question is that you will have a varied response from a varied audience. There are those of us who are trying to extract every decimal point of hp and performance, there are those of us who only want a little more sound but will never or rarely rev the engine anywhere near where freeing of the exhaust would matter or don’t want to get into fine tuning the setup after the swap etc and there’s the guy doing it purely for looks and will pick based upon what looks sweet to them. So what all that said “it depends” lol
I fall into the 4-2-1 camp, but love the look of the R77 with both cans.
Actually the engine revs cleaner right off idle. I am sure anyone would like the unrestricted exhaust better than the OEM, you just have to go to the trouble to get everything setup and installed. To each their own, but modern bikes just don't feel like they did before the emissions choking. Full exhausts get that direct line between the throttle and the engine back, which most anyone can appreciate.

Actually the engine revs cleaner right off idle. I am sure anyone would like the unrestricted exhaust better than the OEM, you just have to go to the trouble to get everything setup and installed. To each their own, but modern bikes just don't feel like they did before the emissions choking. Full exhausts get that direct line between the throttle and the engine back, which most anyone can appreciate.
Agree
But wait, who rides around just off idle, it’s off the two step straight to the rev limit bitches! Ha-ha!

Again I’m in the full exhaust camp if you are going to put an exhaust on. But the OP stated he’s not looking for power and speaks of being on a budget. If you have the money sky is the limit but if you are limited in funds it boils down to relative value of if spending the money for the amount of change is going to be worth the aftermath it causes to the finances short and long term lol. Joking here of course but if he has a lil one at home that money could buy a lot of pampers or formula lol.

Last edited:
Yes I get it and I'm not being argumentative. A lot of guys go slipons and 90% go back for a full later spending a lot more total. Many justify slipons because they don't plan to run the bike like they stole it. There are a lot of benifits to anyone with a full exhaust. There is the weight, opening up the engine and getting rid of the hot cats. IMHO everyone can appreciate those benifits. On top of that, many full exhausts cost only a little more than slipons. There is the need for a tune but again any stock will benift from getting rid of that awful lean map that makes the bike stumble through the low end.

Back