Exhaust help needed please!!!

i've flushed the radiator and put in blue ice. i've burped it. The reason i think its getting hot really quick is because i can be sitting beside my homeboy on a busa and my bike could be in red and his is on half. so i figured there was too much back pressure making it get hotter faster.

The more free flowing exhaust you have, the LESS backpressure you have. The more free flowing of an aftermarket exhaust you have, the leaner it will be with a stock tune. Not enough to cause it to overheat.
A 4 in to 1, basically a straight header with a tip as you describe, could use a dyno tune, or more fuel from a base map, but is not the cause of your problem.
Is the fan working(plugged back in after exhaust swap as mentioned)? Thermostat stuck closed?
Guage is defective? Used a temperature gun to check actual temperature of engine?
From your description the bike only heats when sitting in traffic. Is that correct?

Yea thats pretty much it. i just noticed it when i was at bike week last year. although i was sitting beside other busa's that were overheating.lol. i just thought i took every precaution not to over heat. i changed all of the items mentioned above. also i have a switch on the fan so when ever im sitting the fan is on.

Yea thats pretty much it. i just noticed it when i was at bike week last year. although i was sitting beside other busa's that were overheating.lol. i just thought i took every precaution not to over heat. i changed all of the items mentioned above. also i have a switch on the fan so when ever im sitting the fan is on.

There is a mod for a 2nd fan on gen1 busas, as alot of them overheat sitting in traffic.

Back