Exhaust Hanger Mod - I was bored

Busashot

Registered
So the past couple of days I was a little bored. So I was looking at possibly getting an aftermarket exhaust hanger. Unfortunately not finding much and the price for admission not so great. So I want something that looks better than stock and also save a tiny bit of weight. I decided what the hell, let's mod the stock one. So here are some pics of the work.

Stock weight - 14oz
Modded - 10oz

I do have a question for you guys. Should I leave it semi-polished or paint it? I was going to paint it Silver anyway. Keep in mind you won't be able to see the top part of the bracket as the rear tail section covers it.

IMG_20120210_144513.jpg

IMG_20120210_182437.jpg

Nice, looks damn good in my opinion! I would say leave it just like it is, but of course hard to say without seeing a pic of the hanger installed on the bike. Very nice work!!

I'll paint it tomorrow and hang it then take new pics. Thanks guys. It came out pretty good and took about 3 hours to do it.

Those look nice, simple and clean. How do they handle vibrations?

I thought about making some but need good aluminum to do it. I cut mine to keep the reinforcements intact. Still tough as cookies.

I like the thought behind it, but in my opinion, they draw your eye to it more than stock...

Back