Exhaust/ECU Editor advice needed

chrispeck666

Registered
Anyone got any good advice on full systems for the gen II? I have looked at Brock and yoshimura, both of which seem very expensive in the UK (£1600/$2500) admittedly both are quite high spec models but that still seems like a lot to me! Any recommendations for competitive suppliers would be great.

Thing I'm struggling with the most is finding anyone in the uk that will dyno the bike with ecu editor. Seems everyone around here wants to sell you a PC. Maybe I'm wrong but being a guy that has played with turbo/supercharged VW cars over the years the whole concept of a PC seems flawed if full access to the factory ECU is available.

Hope none of that seems to be dumb so go easy on me it's my first post!

I have an '08 with Brock's Alien Head an ECU editor. Couldn't be happier. I knowledgable tuner that uses PC should be able to use ECU editor easily to MAP fuel if they will take a minute to look at it.

I have an '08 with Brock's Alien Head an ECU editor. Couldn't be happier. I knowledgable tuner that uses PC should be able to use ECU editor easily to MAP fuel if they will take a minute to look at it.

I had a look at brock's site and liked the look of this:

CT Megaphone Full System and other Hayabusa | Brock's Main Store

You don't hear about Brock a great deal in the uk for some reason. You know if the model in the link above is any good? My only worry is that with it having such a short can it will be ultra loud.

I would like a mean sounding exhaust but don't want to set off car alarms as I drive down the street!

I know the regular CT series pipe is fairly quiet. I have never heard the megaphone in person. Im not sure that it would be as loud as you are thinking it will be. You might go with the longer version or purchase the noise reduction plug at the same time you buy the exhaust.

Those prices you're getting are ridiculous.
Check with site sponsor Pashnit.
He's a Brocks dealer, ships anywhere, and is excellent to deal with.
The Alienhead sounds awesome too, you can cruise quietly, but it'll get those car alarms when you open it up:laugh: and +1 on the ecu editor.
:welcome: to the org.

I have looked around Albuquerque for a tuner and what I have discovered is there are none who will tune using the ECU editor. They have their process using whatever aftermarket product they are comfortable with and are reluctant to try the editor. Out Triumph/Ducati dealer said the process is too time consuming and they get the same results using autotune on the PC3/5. I say BS so once I have my bike configured the way i want it I will probably be heading to Texas for a tune. ROAD TRIP!

Those prices you're getting are ridiculous.
Check with site sponsor Pashnit.
He's a Brocks dealer, ships anywhere, and is excellent to deal with.
The Alienhead sounds awesome too, you can cruise quietly, but it'll get those car alarms when you open it up:laugh: and +1 on the ecu editor.
:welcome: to the org.

This is the Brock I like:

SUZUKI HAYABUSA 08-11 CT SERIES MEGAPHONE FULL SYSTEM - moorespeedracing.co.uk

And this is the yoshi:

Yoshimura product site : GSX1300R HAYABUSA?08-11? - 4-2-1 FULL SYSTEM TRI-OVAL CARBON CONE END (with the carbon can)

These come in at £1600/$2500 for the Brock and £1500/$2350 for the yoshimura

Moorespeed are not known for rip off prices in their defence. That's just the RRP. My local shop quoted me for the yoshi and he is a good guy so I guess that's UK prices for you!

Would be nice to know if anyone here has experience with importing exhausts from the US into the UK as you can imagine the worries with faulty/damaged/incorrect goods. Is it worth doing?

As far as the ecu editor goes, my experience is that dyno guys around here stick with what they know.
Seems daft to me as ecu editor has so many advantages over a PC I can't see why anyone would want one. If there is anyone in the east of England that could dyno my bike with ecu editor it would be most appreciated.

Those exhaust prices are double what it would cost here. Check with our sponsors to get a price and have them ship it to you. You could also contact Brock's direct. I bet they ship overseas.
Send Ej an email and ask him. Tell him I referred you. If you buy direct from Brock's mention you are a member here and you will get an addtl 10% off.

ej@brocksperformance.com

This is the Brock I like:

SUZUKI HAYABUSA 08-11 CT SERIES MEGAPHONE FULL SYSTEM - moorespeedracing.co.uk

And this is the yoshi:

Yoshimura product site : GSX1300R HAYABUSA?08-11? - 4-2-1 FULL SYSTEM TRI-OVAL CARBON CONE END (with the carbon can)

These come in at £1600/$2500 for the Brock and £1500/$2350 for the yoshimura

Moorespeed are not known for rip off prices in their defence. That's just the RRP. My local shop quoted me for the yoshi and he is a good guy so I guess that's UK prices for you!

Would be nice to know if anyone here has experience with importing exhausts from the US into the UK as you can imagine the worries with faulty/damaged/incorrect goods. Is it worth doing?

As far as the ecu editor goes, my experience is that dyno guys around here stick with what they know.
Seems daft to me as ecu editor has so many advantages over a PC I can't see why anyone would want one. If there is anyone in the east of England that could dyno my bike with ecu editor it would be most appreciated.

Those are retai prices, and in the UK.
As said, try Pashnit. He's a Brocks dealer, ships internationaly, and will get you much better prices.

After looking into it I think the alien head in black ceramic appeals the most. Anyone know how hard wearing the coating is?

I like the alien head because it appears to not rely on being bolted to the pillion foot peg. This may be useful as I plan on a GSXR1000 tail mod in the future.

Back