Exhaust: 4-2-2 vs. 4-2-1

impactks

MMA Trainer
Donating Member
Registered
What’s the difference between two cans and one can? Obviously there is one less can but is there a difference in sound or performance? (or does it just boil down to preference)

Thanks,

Bryan

Dunno the difference, but just go with a dual HMF system...
4-2-1-2 system...
Looks great and sounds even better...

David

The 4 into 1 makes more power while looks less attractive on the Hayabusa. The 4 into 2 system in my opinion looks alot better then the 4 into 1 though if you want more power then the full system 4 into 1 makes more since, if you want the looks, then get the 4 into 2. It's all up to you !

cool.gif

P1040982.JPG

1 can is lighter than 2 cans, I think I remember the stock cans weighting 8lbs each.

1 can makes chain maintenance SOOOOOO much easier, but HIGH mounted dual cans have easy chain maintenance also.

it's marginal......

as is the weight difference....aftermarket cans are barely over a pound or so.

both are nothing a few less cheesburgers during the week and a little practice won't fix.

Great question ... I think most of the AMA and World Superbikes run into one exhaust, but when you look at MotoGP, they run into two. The new GSXR 1000 is back to two cans.
crazy.gif

I have the 4-2-1 full hindle system. Now that alone won't give you the boost. You have to couple that with a PC. I have the PCIII with a custom map. After that dyno'd at RW 179hp.

(kawiboy11 @ Oct. 04 2006,10
zzwhip.gif
) The 4 into 1 makes more power while looks less attractive on the Hayabusa.  The 4 into 2 system in my opinion looks alot better then the 4 into 1 though if you want more power then the full system 4 into 1 makes more since, if you want the looks, then get the 4 into 2.  It's all up to you !

cool.gif
Unless of course your trying to show your chromed accessorys. Then the high rise or the 4~1 help you show better.

(KoK-LoL @ Oct. 05 2006,08:24)
(kawiboy11 @ Oct. 04 2006,10
zzwhip.gif
) The 4 into 1 makes more power while looks less attractive on the Hayabusa.  The 4 into 2 system in my opinion looks alot better then the 4 into 1 though if you want more power then the full system 4 into 1 makes more since, if you want the looks, then get the 4 into 2.  It's all up to you !

cool.gif
Unless of course your trying to show your chromed accessorys. Then the high rise or the 4~1 help you show better.
Having the 4-2-1, I think that the 4-2-2 looks better. Don't get me wrong as I am very happy with mine, I just think duals look better on the Busa.

I think one pipe looks better on a bike than two. More sportierest.
biggrin.gif

Two pipes looks too "cruiserish."

Eh. To each his own!

--Wag--

Unless your racing the weight difference and performance (questionable
rock.gif
) difference isn't noticeable. Me, I would go with the Duals if for no other reason is that they LOOK  
SHOCKED.gif
alot better. And chain maintance
wink.gif
, well I don't have any problem with the duals and anyway so what if it takes me 43.5 seconds longer. Not a big deal to me  
muscle.gif

(Shanling @ Oct. 04 2006,17:00) I have the 4-2-1 full hindle system. Now that alone won't give you the boost. You have to couple that with a PC. I have the PCIII with a custom map. After that dyno'd at RW 179hp.
are those the only mods you got and make 179hp?a pipe ,map and pc3 with pump gas?

I prefer 4-2-2 for the appearance(balances the bike............don't mind the slight performance difference............like the sound of duals.....my .02.....
super.gif

right is my bike , 2 pipes look more stronger , but for more hp you should go with 4-2-1 ,

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

(GoldenChild @ Oct. 05 2006,07:27)
(Shanling @ Oct. 04 2006,17:00) I have the 4-2-1 full hindle system. Now that alone won't give you the boost. You have to couple that with a PC. I have the PCIII with a custom map. After that dyno'd at RW 179hp.
are those the only mods you got and make 179hp?a pipe ,map and pc3 with pump gas?
If so  
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

beerchug.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif

Back