Exact speed

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I am running a 43 rear sprocket with no speedohealer... and if I'm going 90mph indicated what would the actual speed probably be? Curious.

Thanks.

yup,I found the indicated speed read approx 8-10 mph faster than i was actually going

7.5% difference in gearing..... ~5-7% speedo error. Figuring 5% speedo error 79mph Figuring 7% speedo error 77.5mph

Reminds me of my old Jeep . Between extreme tire size changes and gear swaps , I didn't have a clue as to what speed I was running .

(mrninja9 @ Oct. 18 2006,10:59) WELL  PETER PAN    ISNT IT EASIER TO FLY  BUT  IT IS ANYWHERE FROM 8 TO 10 MPH OFF
laugh.gif

pandemic_....gay_peter_pan.jpg

I've made no modifications to my bike, but the speedo is off by a good margin. I determined this by using a GPS to get my actual speed. At 90 indicated, I'm running about 84. If you have someone who has a handheld GPS, you can check it that way.

Pan,I just wanna know where you bought that 'Green Suit'.
That is you right?
rock.gif
?
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

I've made no modifications to my bike, but the speedo is off by a good margin. I determined this by using a GPS to get my actual speed. At 90 indicated, I'm running about 84. If you have someone who has a handheld GPS, you can check it that way.[/Quote]

If thats the case, the true speed with a 43 cog Pan would be:

(40/43) x 84 = 78mph OK me old mucker
beerchug.gif

Back