EVO 3D - Android Apps - which ones to get?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
So I just went and upgraded my blackberry to the new EVO 3D phone. I'm totally new to andriod so speak up folks, what apps are you running and which ones are must haves :thumbsup:

The guy at the store suggested I get adownloader and vimeo (sp?) The vimeo is supposed to make the phone completely voice controlled.... pretty slick sounding. Any others out there and did I recall vimeo correctly or is there some other name I should search for :whistle:

Thanks in advance for tips/pointers/help :beerchug:

If you hold down the search button at the bottom right of the screen it will go into voice assistant mode which will allow you to do just about anything, whatever you do DON'T ADD A TASK KILLER.

sweet thanks :thumbsup: Have you used or heard of Vlingo? Thats the app the guys at the sprint store were telling me to get but seems like the voice assistant does the same thing ???

Why not a task killer? I use it and enjoy it.. Just gotta know what tasks to kill. Don't just be killing them all.

As far as what apps to add, just search, because it's opened far and wide depending on what you want to do with the phone, etc.

the phone is designed to have apps running in the b/r. if you want to save the battery, root it, install a low voltage kernel, and get setcpu, and you can customize cpu settings. best i got was 37 hrs battery life on my droid, at 1.1 Ghz. compared to stock, 7 hrs at 500Mhz

How'd you do that ? I got a bigger battery from ebay and still only get a day out of my EVO. I like the phone and the voice search is very good . I use the voice to do texts and everything I can .

the phone is designed to have apps running in the b/r. if you want to save the battery, root it, install a low voltage kernel, and get setcpu, and you can customize cpu settings. best i got was 37 hrs battery life on my droid, at 1.1 Ghz. compared to stock, 7 hrs at 500Mhz

If you hold down the search button at the bottom right of the screen it will go into voice assistant mode which will allow you to do just about anything, whatever you do DON'T ADD A TASK KILLER.

Wrong, only add a good task killer. Advanced task killer is the one you want. Does not give you any problems.

Other good apps are Notes, Pandora, Ringdroid, trip recorder, Dolphin browser HD (Best browser for android) and Tapatalk pro

Wrong, only add a good task killer. Advanced task killer is the one you want. Does not give you any problems.

Other good apps are Notes, Pandora, Ringdroid, trip recorder, Dolphin browser HD (Best browser for android) and Tapatalk pro

Advance task killer are the worse, it will suck your battery dry, trust me, I sell phones 5 days a week and every time a phone comes back that's the first thing we look for, the best battery management is to root because you can remove the bloot ware, Russ if your rooted that would have been the first thing to do!

Sent from my Thunderbolt!

I like the Advanced Task Killer, it extended my battery life. There are a ton of apps out there for free. The only one I paid for was tapatalk.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Advance task killer are the worse, it will suck your battery dry, trust me, I sell phones 5 days a week and every time a phone comes back that's the first thing we look for, the best battery management is to root because you can remove the bloot ware, Russ if your rooted that would have been the first thing to do!

I actually have both. Rooting does extend the battery life and I do have mine rooted. Probably going to reroot it soon.

speedview app by android kicks ass.
Does 0-60 1/4 mile and logs your top speed GPS! So if you dont have your speedo calibrated and thought you hit 180mph, guess again!!:rofl:
It also keeps data and can be used with google maps, its tracks every second mph, longitude lattitude in a file. and the best thing is......... its free :thumbsup:

First of all, congrats for making the move from B.Berry to Android. :laugh:

AK Notepad, for taking quike notes. Can also set alarms for reminders. Great App
Swype, the best keyboard entry app (Not on the Mkt though). Go to swype website.
ScoreMobile, to keep up with all sports schedules, scores & news.
TuneIn Radio, to get your local radio stations, scanners (also over the US)
RockPlayer is you want to watch movies on your phone.
Dictionary, though it's web based is good.
Documents To Go , If you use Microsoft Word, Excel, PPT...

Just a few :)

It seems that every customer that comes in and have problems with there phone that's the first thing I check for.

No app killer here. The newest Android softwares run way slower with app killers.
Don't worry about battery life with the EVO 3d. It is night and day better than the original EVO. I've had both. I never rooted my EVO, and I won't be rooting my EVO 3d. I've gotten over 30 hours battery life on my original EVO without rooting. You just need to know what is running and when. I haven't even touched the settings on the new 3d and I'm getting 24 hours easy! The new battery and software rocks!

Only app I really have and use is Tapatalk. Easily worth the money.:beerchug:

How do you root a phone?

By loading software to the sd card and booting the phone through mode. you can go to XDA developers, its a forum that shows you how to root and unroot your phone, they also talk about new phones, trouble shooting your phone, good apps bad apps, basically forum for phones.

Back