everytime I think of selling or trading

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I'm riding less now that I have a convertible, and also got that insane high speeds monkey off my back. that and the weather has been horrid, and the bike not running so well lately. so during the down times that voice of action pops into my head...

"Hey! Psssst. are you really getting anything out of this? maybe it's it time to pack it up and move on. I know how you like to keep mobile... keep running ahead of death with an action packed life instead of settling for the comfort zone. You could get $6000 out of it... oh, hey! Maybe trade it in on that smaller GSXR750 you keep in the back of your mind here with me... you know you want it. It's lighter, not a ticket magnet like that bloated Busa is..."

but then I throw open the garage door, see it's anxious curvatious body, mount up and all that vanishes as a distant memory shortly there after. I think about how I wanted this bike my whole life,
and how it was created just for me,
and that it was the fastest production bike ever made,
and it's history with me over the past 5 years, the tours, the streets, the trackdays, the passengers, the tires, the tuneups, the group rides....

in the end it's nice to know this bike has grown up with me and I don't like thinking about loosing a blood relative.

Is that just me? Anyone else have trouble letting it go even when you thought you wanted to?

blood.jpg

Yes Sir! Think often of just selling the beast. Can't ride it. Too hot.
winkold.gif

My dilemma is the work involved stripping it back to stock then the hassle of selling the parts. (give you 100 to 1 bogus will chime in for the maguras)

Yes, kicked this around some myself so you are not alone. Trust me.

r8

I considered trading for another type of bike...for a very brief time. I ended up trading for another Busa. Every angle I try in my head, the Busa comes out on top...I understand your post well
smile.gif

Im thinking of another one.
rock.gif
that doesnt count huh? see cause i would be riding it less.

Maguras??? someone say for sale???
rofl.gif

awww dang, rather you keep the bike and ride it I guess.....

it is very hard... felt like i was leaving one of my childeren behind when i dropped mine off at Ryders Connection the other day...
sad.gif

I think you'd regret getting rid of it Greg! You are a good rider and that convertible is not the same as getting on the Busa! I say if it's paid for, keep it and ride when you can. Otherwise you will soon be looking for another. Just my opinion!

I think you'd regret getting rid of it Greg!  You are a good rider and that convertible is not the same as getting on the Busa!  I say if it's paid for, keep it and ride when you can.  Otherwise you will soon be looking for another.  Just my opinion!
yeah, I can't get rid of it, Bill. I even sat on a few nice 750's in the show room when I dropped it off just now.

I WOULD like the 750... but it's just not a Busa. and my life doesn't have room for two bikes... unfortunately

for me, just getting out and riding takes cares of it. looking forward to some nicer weather coming up I hope

It really is hard to even consider downgrading on HP and engine when contemplating a different bike.. Sure, some smaller bikes might handle a little better, but you'll never get the torque back.

BF

I think I have mine sold and it is hard to accept. I can't let myself even sit on the bike or I will feel heart broken.

Yep! The new v-max, Rocket III, M109.......... all would have cheaper insurance and easier to get on base. Now our base will require a sport bike course to be completed to keep decals to get on with. I won't go 170 miles an hour anymore and end up in jail. Etc.

DOOD...

It's been two years now and three halfhearted sale attempts.

I've since lost the title twice, "Can't Sell her Honey, I cannot find the title."

She is all paid off afterall...

I cannot help much Bro... I've been wrestling with it myself. I purchase two fun cars... Busa still there. I buy the Moto Guzzi... Yep, Busa still there.

Was made much worse recently having Ladyhawk riding Lilah for a couple hundred miles. Watching that bike go down the road was awesome...

I dunno what I'm going to do, selling Lilah was a condition of getting the Guzzi, the wife seems to be unable to forget that Lilah is still just sitting there next to the new bike. So yeah.

Makes no sense, I don't ride the Busa really anymore. I find it uncomfortable and license threatening, but I cannot seem to let go. Part of the trouble is that I've become attached to her, it's personal and that's hard. It's like trying to sell a horse, or hell maybe your loyal dog. I dunno what I'm going to do. I love the Guzzi, been riding that a lot, but I still cling to the Busa.

It really is hard to even consider downgrading on HP and engine when contemplating a different bike.. Sure, some smaller bikes might handle a little better, but you'll never get the torque back.

BF
On a positive note though, I have found that being able to use most of the power a bike offers on the streets is a lot of fun. I do miss the "Holy Sh$#" acceleration out on the straightaways, but I find the Guzzi to be so much more good old FUN than the Busa ever was, that I don't miss halving the Horsepower (Most of the Time).

Besides, 90% of the Busa riders out there are afraid, to actually pin the throttle to the stop in the first couple of gears and rarely if ever can you use all 160HP on the streets...

Seriously, I'd been hunting for a new bike for two years or so, and when I rode the Guzzi I knew I'd be moving on. There isn't anymore of the Hair On Fire Shenanigans, but I have a lot more fun just enjoying being out there in the air riding the twisties without the Drama and Hype of the Busa. I never hear that little voice whispering to me "Go faster, you can take em'"...

Besides, on a bike without all the hype and press everyone loves you. Sportbikes wave, Harley guys nod... it's actually freeing to just be riding a motorcycle without the reputation.

Know the feeling. Contemplated letting them take Baby J after she was totaled, but couldn't do it. Have contemplated sellin' mine a few times, but can't get my mind around the concept. I have bought and sold a few cars in the time I have owned the bikes without any problem so I guess the attachment wasn't quite the same.

Back