Everquest II, anyone play or going too?

Lazerblade

Protector of Freedom
Donating Member
Registered
I am playing on the Permafrost server if anyone else gets the game for Xmas and wants to join me. Just PM me your name.

Hope all are well. I have been gone for a while but should be around more now for a bit.

Happy Hollidaz

Paul

if i ever get it i'll look ya up i haven't even tapped into my Xbox live yet for Halo 2 done some online play with Tribes on the PS2 but i can never get with a group that wants to keep me around they always boot me probly cause i kick there butt to much
laugh.gif

i played the original EQ for 5 years i will never let myself get that caught up in a game again but good luck it was fun
Rich

ok... just tried AO and I guess I don't get it. I got bored trying to figure out what all the little buttons do.... these games remind me of how stupid programmers can be when it comes to real world usability:

Idiot Over indulging programmers way of Opening doors:
1 - walk toward door, be sure you are facing it
2 - click "use" icon in the lower left, it's the unlabeled button in the middle of 15 other unlabled icons you will learn in the 2 hour training arena
3 - place icon hand on door knob... NO, not on door, on the KNOB, there's a difference, you know
4 - press mouse button and pull mouse toward you to open door, not away, that would close the door... if it opens toward you of course... how woold you know which way? Well, jsut try it - can't get thru? You didn't open the door far enough, please repeat steps 2,3 and 4
5 - walk thru door using arrow keys
6 - did you forget to close the door?

You have GOT to be kidding me!

Greg's way:
1 - walk up to door, when you are close enough, little animated guy grabs, opens, and walks thru door by itself.
2 - want to hide behind door without opening? Stand off to the left or right

This is why I HATE these games. They OVER do it. Every silly little thing you might need to do can me automated, or selected from a left<>right menuing thing.

Am I missing something here? Do I lack patience? ? Where's the big draw? Running around for hours battling boring monsters, increasing EXP levels.... is there a feeling of accomplishment? I get depressed feeling like I'm not doing ANYTHING and headed no where. WHAT THE HECK AM I MISSING HERE? I'm TRYING to learn to enjoy them. I've played everything else... thsi is my last fronteir and I just don't get it

Why do they have to make the function/control so stupidly complex? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

ao1.jpg

now HERE's a manly man's game...Joints Ops lots of live action shooting, blood, death, with 150 online players. that's a party. But.. I know EQ is fun. I just dont get it

jo1.jpg

I bought Doom III last night and started playing it. Man is it creepy. After about three hours of playing it I went to bed and I had bad dreams. It's the first game I have played that makes me sweat and worry about what's around the next corner. LOL, great game.

So, lazer, am I just not the RPG type or what? There's something not right with a game that gives you nightmares... then again, some people eat really hot peppers too so what do I know?
smile.gif

At least Nurse Wyatt is a hottie....

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1103435077 -->

bettyback.jpg

I've heard EG can be quite addicting. I've also heard that Warcraft is quite addicting too.

I was enormously addicted to Unreal Tournament. Thankfully that only lasted about 6 months.

Now I have no time...
sad.gif
Oh well.

I played EQLive for five years and made some great friends. EQ2 is different and very fun so far.

I'm STILL addicted to UT, UT2k3, UT2k4, but my wrists are going bad so I gotta quit.

not to derail this fine EQ2 advertisement, but I found yet another RTS/RPG/Action online game that's free too:
AllegianceAllegiance

looks cool

Back