Ever wondered

Zoinks!

Registered
Just how small some of the cells in your body, and bacteria are? My microbiology teacher showed us this website in class today and I just thought it was pretty amazing. Just when you think you're at the end, something else shows up. Click this link and drag the bar from left to right to zoom in.

I think Hillary Clinton's brain may be smaller....:rofl:

Yes Mr Bogus I think even just a size comp of the planets is cool ...:thumbsup:

cool link.. did they do one on the universe yet? the scale there is pretty amazing too..

:laugh: I don't know. . . You can always look around and see! If you find one, post it up! Right now I'm only feeding my brain info about the really really really small stuff, being as that's what my tests will be on.

We swabbed some random things last Thursday and grew the bacteria over the weekend and looked at them today. It was pretty interesting. Surprisingly, the toilet seat in the men's room that one guy swabbed only had normal flora (normal, non harmful bacteria that is always on your skin) on it. However, one woman swabbed her steering wheel and 99.9% was normal flora, but that other .1 was fecal. . . My instructor told us that an experiment was done at one time to see what different kinds of bacteria were on flip flops and crocs, and 99% of them had fecal bacteria on them. . .

Back