Ever wondered how a full Lasik procedure goes?

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Oh and the surgery went real good. It was a rough procedure, well at least the first part was. Since im bored in my dark room ill give a full walkthrough!

Ok so i get brought into an exam room where i get tetracane numbing drops then an assistent marks my eyeballs at 3 and 9 oclock with some special marker.
I then am brought into the laser room. Two huge machines on each side of a table to lay on (no photos allowed or i wouldve taken one :laugh:).
So i lay down and get more numbing drops. They have to slide this clear round thing in my eye with is then suctions my eye to keep it still using a plunger similar to how a needle works, only sucks instead of injects. So when it sucks to the eye your vision greys and goes black in that eye which could be paniking to some i am sure. Your eye is frigin wide open and no vision whatsoever! Then they have to put they lower the laser thing and it feels like its pushing real hard on your eye. Very uncomfortable but tolerable... the flap is cut in 5 seconds and the suction is removed. And vision does not come back right away once its off...This part is repeated on the other eye. It better that you lose vision so you cant see whats goin on and panik like some may... i was happy i lost vision :lol:
So after both flaps are cut and suction piecea are off the table im laying on gets swiveled to the other laser where tape is put over my eyelashes and a device is put on to keep my eye wide open. More numbing drops are put in then the doctor takes his utensils and pulls the flap back FRIGIN GROSS BECAUSE YOUR VISION IS BACK AT THIS POINT. You see the thing doing something on you eye then your vision goes blurry when its pulled back. Cant feel a thing though. So once the flap is back you try to look at this blinking light then a big purple light flashes alot for about 10 seconds. You smell something burning (which is YOUR FREAKIN EYE, no joke it really is). Then your eye is flooded with saline and the flap is replaced. The other eye gets done then the doctor checks each eye to make sure the flaps are placed properly then all done! Took about 15 minutes to 20 for both eyes in and out of the room.

Once the procedure is over you can see. It is very very blurry but you can see. How well you can see depends on your vision goin into surgery. It was very blurry for me and i only had 20/60 going in to get lasik.

Its been about 7 hours since my surgery and i can see better than i did. Takes 24 hours dor 100% sight. My eyes are very sensitive and a very tiny bit uncomfortable. Ill have dry eyes for about a week and minimally dry up to 6 months. I have 2 bottles of eye drops i gotta take every 4 hours for 5 days... no biggie.

It was definitely an experience but is so worth it!
I was very chatty with the ppl doing the surgery :laugh: when i was allowed to talk.... they mistook me being super nervous for just not being able to shut my mouth because of my curiosity :rofl: the nurse was freaking out cause i think she though i was gonna panik. Esp when i lost my vision on the suction i was like "oh damn i cant see s**t!" :rofl:

Sent from my rooted HTC EVO 4G using Tapatalk.

ahh bro, my eyes are watering just reading this!
im glad it went well. take care of yourself while their healing.
:thumbsup: im happy for ya.:thumbsup:

ahh bro, my eyes are watering just reading this!
im glad it went well. take care of yourself while their healing.
:thumbsup: im happy for ya.:thumbsup:

I dont think i left anything out.... :laugh:

Thanks red! :beerchug:

Glad it all when well, but my two biggest creep outs in life are EYEBALLS and SPIDERS!
And I think spiders just because they have so many eyeballs!!!

Ewwww..... :poke:

Glad it all when well, but my two biggest creep outs in life are EYEBALLS and SPIDERS!

Looks like i know what i need to go out and buy for whenever i meet you! :rofl:

I am definitely going out to work on the busa tomorrow... i am not gonna be able to stand being in this room for 3 days...

Imagine spiders on your eyeballs! Go ahead, imagine it. :lol:

Glad it went well got ya Russell, not having peepers could really hurt you bash plans...
Sent from Droid using Tapatalk

Nope....never wondered but I'm glad all went well :)

Hey GSXRBOTS
Spiders on your eyeballs Spiders on your eyeballs Spiders on your eyeballs Spiders on your eyeballs Spiders on your eyeballs Spiders on your eyeballs Spiders on your eyeballs :laugh:

Something tells me I'm going to be sorry I ever said anything in here....

Just when I was starting to like you guys. :moon:

:rofl: Awww poor gsxrbots......

Remember when you go to sleep at night spiders like to crawl around and get into your eyeballs :rofl:

Glad it's working out well.

So how much is this co$ting

I dont know cause you paid for it :laugh:
Well, your tax dollars did. Its free for qualified military. So thanks guys!

Back