Ever try touring on a 600?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
slim chance I may be trading my BUSA in on a 600 - but I still enjoy going on long trips. Can a 600 be decked out for touring comfort? I know the premis is silly, but ...well... I gotta be me
smile.gif

Opinions? Heli-bars, seat etc options for 600's?

aw come on ya panzies! no guts?

ok ... ok... what's the BEST gsxr600 site?

That was my last bike, a GSXR600, and I put tons of miles on it most of which was 2 up. I have a set of saddle bags and the wife had the backpack so we had enough gear to last a full 3 day weekend. I am 6'5" and the bike was stock except the front sproket and a K&N filter. The longest trip we made was Albuquerque to Irvine Ca, going through the back side of Phoienx so it was right around 900 miles and and took too many hours, but it was all one shot. I made the same trip solo on my vulcan 1500 and the level of soreness was about the same. They travel great in my opinion, but then again I will ride anything anywhere any distance, I just love to ride. I put close to 30,000 on my 600 in the little over a year I owned it.

+1 I rode my friends gsxr600 couple of days ago and I couldn't imagine touring on it. Very uncomfortable when compared to a busa. I'd go with an F4i or a zzr600 or similar

slim chance I may be trading my BUSA in on a 600 - but I still enjoy going on long trips.  Can a 600 be decked out for touring comfort?  I know the premis is silly, but ...well... I gotta be me
smile.gif

Opinions?  Heli-bars, seat etc options for 600's?
Why the trade to a 600, especially for touring? For track I would agree.
Why don't you want to tour on the Busa? Especially at 6'5". I'm 6'2" and there is no way I can ride a 600 especially in pillion mode. To each his own.

Used a Yamaha FZ6 for one-up touring - wasn't too bad, but it didn't have the wind protection that the 'Busa has, and was not near as stable in the wind.

It can be done, but every mile will feel like more work than it did with a Busa.

slim chance I may be trading my BUSA in on a 600 - but I still enjoy going on long trips.  Can a 600 be decked out for touring comfort?  I know the premis is silly, but ...well... I gotta be me
smile.gif

Opinions?  Heli-bars, seat etc options for 600's?
WD I'd never thought I'd hear this from you
wow.gif
but after reading about the trubs with your Busa repair work and your affinity for track days I had a feeling maybe a new liter might be in the works....a gixxer hopefully
wink.gif
I think after riding a big motored, torquey, low revving highway machine like the Busa, a small high revving 600 might wear you out over a long ride just cause' of the winding engine. I would get the liter if you wanna change up. I will never run road trips on anything small anymore...sometimes size does matter
laugh.gif

My last bike was a GSXR600 as well. I'm 6'2 about 200 pounds. Anything over 250 miles a day and I felt it for 2-3 days afterwards. Mainly knees and back. Also, just like "The Big Red One" the high reving engine seemed to increase my fatigue quite a bit... and as light as the 600 is, the bike would blow around quite a bit at highway speeds which also seemed to increase fatigue.

Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

Back