Ever take a spin class at the gym?

congrats, we're proud of you (and super glad you are far enough away that you can't drag us with you!) :lol:

Oh, I haven't even tried to drag a single person with me...I'd feel horrible if I put someone through this under pressure!

Feeling remarkably good today...legs aren't cringing at my every movement, so perhaps I can make tomorrow nights class after all :laugh:

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

i went to one about a decade ago a almost passed out LOL, I know a couple people down south that go to this class, its like spinning and dance all rolled into one and they love it.

i went to one about a decade ago a almost passed out LOL, I know a couple people down south that go to this class, its like spinning and dance all rolled into one and they love it.

LOL, gotta love the lady on the far right and the instructor has his seat position way too low.

LOL, gotta love the lady on the far right and the instructor has his seat position way too low.

And if I've learned anything, it's that it's all about the positioning of the seat!

I'm going to show this video to my instructor...this looks fun!! :)

I may die doing it, but I'd die happy, I think :rofl:

And if I've learned anything, it's that it's all about the positioning of the seat!

I'm going to show this video to my instructor...this looks fun!! :)

I may die doing it, but I'd die happy, I think :rofl:

Best thing you can do. Been a cyclist most of my life and on and off did spinning as an instructor. Either spinning, cycling, swimming are probably the best return you can get for health and fitness compared to the time you put in. Once you get fit spinning, you should try road cycling. If we make it to Eureka, I will probably sneak out early in the morning to go ride some of those nice hills, before getting to the Busa.

If we make it to Eureka, I will probably sneak out early in the morning to go ride some of those nice hills, before getting to the Busa.

Why pedal when there is a perfectly good 200hp Japanese beast awaiting your commands? :banghead:

Why pedal when there is a perfectly good 200hp Japanese beast awaiting your commands? :banghead:

I know, right? :laugh:

My first run on the Cherahola Skyway, I could not for the life of me imagine how the cyclists got to the tops of those mountains. I still can't to be honest, because that's one damn hard workout, but now I see what it must take to get in that kind of shape to even attempt it. I'll never be out there with you Jellyrug, but I'm quite happy that I've started this class...never ever pegged myself to be a cyclist and I've always wondered what kind of insanity it takes to do this stuff - now I think I know, and I'll stop shaking my head and give 'em a little more respect :thumbsup: I'll just stick with the spin class though, and then take the Busa to the tops of the mountains :)

My Italian beast weighing in at just over 15lbs is just as much fun, keeps my but, gut and weight in shape to fit the 570lb beast better.:laugh:

I know, right? :laugh:

My first run on the Cherahola Skyway, I could not for the life of me imagine how the cyclists got to the tops of those mountains. I still can't to be honest, because that's one damn hard workout, but now I see what it must take to get in that kind of shape to even attempt it. I'll never be out there with you Jellyrug, but I'm quite happy that I've started this class...never ever pegged myself to be a cyclist and I've always wondered what kind of insanity it takes to do this stuff - now I think I know, and I'll stop shaking my head and give 'em a little more respect :thumbsup: I'll just stick with the spin class though, and then take the Busa to the tops of the mountains :)

You'll be surprised what spinning does for you. I have taken a few good spinners and they adapted to cycling riding a good pace almost immediately.
BTW, once you are in shape, those hills are only hard if you try and go up them as fast as you can. If you take it easy, it is a walk in the park. And coming down those hills at around 50mph on a 15lb bike feels like 200mph on the Busa.:laugh:

I've survived 3 classes now...each one is just as hard as the last, and I feel like I'm going to quit or cry or maybe drop dead on the bike, then I finish and I feel great.

The only way I can gauge that I'm improving is to watch the "watts" (amt of energy I'm using) go up, and it has with each routine.

OMG, though, this is still the hardest workout I've ever done! How do you guys that cycle for fun, for miles on end, up and down mountains, do it?! :banghead:

Back