Ever call in sick to ride? **pics**

monster

Wherever I May Roam
Donating Member
Registered
I actually didn't say I was sick when I called but rather I said I couldn't make it in today and that I'd be in tomorrow.  I jumped on my bike at 6:30 am and headed to Starbucks for a dopio espresso (means double shot).  Now the bike and I were both fueled up and ready to go.  I chose a loop that brought me through 3 states and approx 215 miles start to finish.

map.jpg

My first stop was Kent Falls in CT.  

8_26_064.jpg

I pulled in and parked next to a Bimmer the likes of which I'd never seen before.  It had some kind of funky front suspension.

8_26_065.jpg

8_26_066.jpg

8_26_068.jpg

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155759908 -->

I left there and headed south on Rt 7, cut across Rt 55, then North on Rt 22 through New York.  That was my favorite part of the ride.  I stopped at a scenic stop off area near Alander Mountain in New York.  In pull a Harley and parks next to me.  We started shooting the breeze.  His name is Bob and he was riding with his neice Nicole.  We each took a pic of eachother before heading our seperate ways.  They were heading to Vermont.  I wanted to go but decided against it for today.  

8_26_0628.jpg

8_26_0629.jpg

I followed Rt 22 up to Rt 23 east and followed that all the way to Southwick Mass, then took Rt 202 down to Avon CT at which point I was approx 10 miles from home.  Great day.  I lubed my chain and cleaned & waxed the bike & helmet - more bugs then I knew to do with
smile.gif

And the last picture is of my odometer (kinda blurry).  Last trip I took I averaged 50 mpg.  Well today I averaged 50 mpg again.  I'm posting a pic because someone (can't remember who it was) posted the little smiley with the eyebrow raising and said something along the lines of it being less then likely for the Busa to get that kind of milage.  See for yourself.

8_26_0630.jpg

<!--EDIT|thismonsterlives
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155759855 -->

Yeah, when I was 20. Problem is, what if you get hurt in a wreck and they ask you what the heck you were doing riding your MC while you were sick?

P.

No lies here. Riding is a therapy.

Rt.202 going south all the way till 684 is very nice.
smile.gif

Yeah, when I was 20. Problem is, what if you get hurt in a wreck and they ask you what the heck you were doing riding your MC while you were sick?

P.
If you read in my 1st paragraph I didn't actually say I was sick - I said I couldn't make it in today. I get 2 weeks paid vaca - 3 sick days - 3 personal days - and 2 bonus days. So what does being 20 have to do with anything? I wasn't being irresponsible if that's where you were leaning toward.
sad.gif

Ohhh I'm tellin! JK
Awesome pics man. I really need to dig myself out of the hole I am in here and play hooky one day!

I would never call in and tell work I couldn't make it in to go riding!

Thats my story, and I'm sticking to it..
smileyexhibit.gif

P.
If you read in my 1st paragraph I didn't actually say I was sick - I said I couldn't make it in today.  I get 2 weeks paid vaca - 3 sick days - 3 personal days - and 2 bonus days.  So what does being 20 have to do with anything?  I wasn't being irresponsible if that's where you were leaning toward.  
sad.gif
Slow down Bro... It was all in fun.

Take another sick day.

ps: great pics. Looks like a great ride too!

P.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155778943 -->

Great pics and the ride sounds awesome also. BTW, those scenic pics have awesome clarity. Must be one of those expensive a$$ digital cameras huh?
rock.gif

Back