Ever buy a used bike? "This thing's a #%&* gem!"

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
We bought an SV for my wife. I took a chance and ended buying it from a dealer I really didn't have much experience with because my wife fell in love with the damn bike. So, George, the sale guy, tells me, "This things a fu**in' gem! We gave her the full 12,000 mile maintenance, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah..."

The clutch was not adjusted correctly resulting in harder shifting, which I realized too late, so that resulted in a teeth being sheared off the gearing...$407 bucks later we get it back from the shop.

The stock air filter was filthy, gummy...I put a K and N in it.

I decided today to shim her carbs for her...the dumba** that either owned or worked on this bike prior to us stripped out the heads of the screws that mount the carbs to the intake of the heads...frickin' nice! So I have my wife's bike torn apart in the garage and am tearing my hair out...wait, I'm already shaven of the head...well, I'm getting a stress headache anyway. I don't know how the hell I'm going to get those screws out...

I am so fed up with this piece of...

firedevil.gif

guns.gif
----- wife's bike...No, actually, the shop we bought it from and the owner before us...

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122769641 -->

Thanks for the sympathy guys. Makes me feel a tad better.
blush.gif

Ohhhh, trust me. I've seriously, for real, thought of going to "see" George. I was so ticked off when we found out that her gears were ruined. Man, you should have seen them. On the main gear like five teeth in a row were literally sheared right off. And how can you do a 12,000 mile service and NOT replace the air filter if it were filthy? I mean, the screw heads being stripped out I can understand, it's a used bike, but everything added together...I'm about ready to stroke out.

All Lori wants to do is ride...I REALLY don't want to get everything back together so she can ride, only to take it all apart again...I wish I had an air conditioned garage...:blush:

I know Jim lives in WI...anyone else in Wisconsin...I would recommend NOT buying anything, at least used, from Corse Superbikes in Saukville.
mad.gif

Dam Jason
wow.gif

I'd be in the dealership asking about some free stuff for the trouble THEIR salesman/staff caused you.

Do you have any screw extractors? Is there room to get one in there if you do? Have you tried Vise-Grip's?

If it makes you feel any better, I've been working on my track bike trying to get it preped for it's maiden voyage. Trying to work on the bike in a two car garage with 3 bikes in it plus a bunch of other crap is just a pain in the azz.
laugh.gif

GSXR_600_017.jpg

...and I have to leave room for the rest of the family to walk between all of this stuff...Don't they know how to use a front door?
rock.gif
tounge.gif

GSXR_600_018.jpg

What about the lemon law? You might have to right to a full refund.

Id get one, if the bike is hacked its probably been abused its whole life.

I believe the lemon law only applies to brand new vehicles. aybe a case for small claims court but you will probably have to file where you bought. Crappy deal.
mad.gif

I would have already visited the guy who sold it and made him pay for those parts you've just acquired. And I am not the kind of guy who usually makes a lot of noise about small things... That is A WAY MORE than something to let go and forget about it...
mad.gif

<!--EDIT|S7R4NGER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122811449 -->

Sorry to hear it. Good luck with the bike.
Give it a chance I know you will get her together and be riding soon.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. But the striped bolts can be fixed with heli-coils. If you are not familur with this process. I,m sure there is a local machine that can do it for you.
Hope this helps

Back