Even I'm suprised by these gas prices

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Stopped and filled up today, usually about 2.00 a gallon but to see it at 1.93 I was even taken back a little.

Good to live in Oklahoma!

20200207_172221.jpg

Stopped and filled up today, usually about 2.00 a gallon but to see it at 1.93 I was even taken back a little.

Good to live in Oklahoma!

View attachment 1612531

Great prices Cap. Mid grade here, 89 octane at a Chevron, Shell or Valero (formerly Beacon) are all around $3.49+ but then I live near a NP so the prices are for the tourists and we locals pay the price. Using 91 in my Caddy gets real expensive with $60-70 per fill up. Even a four & a half gallon ride on the bike costs $15! I can see where some of the revenue is being spent though, it seems just about (every) road (everywhere) is under some kind of repair or construction. That’s good and bad.

Feeling old... My first job at 15 was in a small gas station. The normal price for Regular then was 28 to 30 cents a gallon. When there was what they called a "Gas War" it would drop into the high teens per gallon. Who'd a thought you could ever spend almost 15 bucks filling up a bike?

Feeling old... My first job at 15 was in a small gas station. The normal price for Regular then was 28 to 30 cents a gallon. When there was what they called a "Gas War" it would drop into the high teens per gallon. Who'd a thought you could ever spend almost 15 bucks filling up a bike?

Yep, the most expensive was the white pump at a Chevron/Standard station in the summer time, $.39/9! :laugh: A 20 gallon fill up was about $8. A buck twenty got you three gallons, now the same money gets you a third of a gallon. But then a pack of smokes was 25-50c and now a carton is over $100! Ain’t life grand?:confused:

In the early 70’s in NZ it was 40c a gallon for gas, 40c for a pack of smokes, 4c a pint of milk, but in ‘73 i was 15 and being paid 28 bucks a week for 40 hours as an apprentice.
Life was simpler back then.... or so it seemed!
We now pay $9 a gallon, $30 a pack of cigs, $2.70 a litre of milk, and I make $1000 a week.... swings and roundabouts.

We save a couple of bucks on gas while the U.S. and global economy is tanking. We were due but I sure didn't see it coming this way.

We save a couple of bucks on gas while the U.S. and global economy is tanking. We were due but I sure didn't see it coming this way.

The market's been volatile ever since Trump took office. That's a big sign of a healthy economy. Wait till that puppy shoots back up!

I do not know if out could effect gas prices just yet but there is the start of an economic oil war between Russia and Saudi Arabia right now. Russia wants to dump the price. If this happens, the US and rest of the world will buy more oil from Russia and gas will be cheaper. This is all because of the Coronavirus outbreak and Chinese industries requiring less oil because of shutdowns.

Good time to stock up on all the oil that Saudi Arabia will part with.........for rainy days and whatnot.

Back