EVEN BETTER pix of my freshly painted wheels!!!

Big Moe

Registered
Got sum much better pix from the painter just after being sprayed! Can you tell that Im excited?! ENJOY(I know I do!) :laugh:

gold wheels.jpg

gold wheels 2.jpg

gold wheels 3.jpg

Those are sweet.One question, why not powdercoat??paint will chip and scratch.But they look awesome.

karnage said:
is that a 240 rear??

Sure is, and I enjoy answering questions that weren't meant for me :laugh:

They look great. What color is the rest of the bike?

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Thanx, I went with paint cuz with coating i wasnt gonna be able to get the color that i was looking for. And yes its a 240 wheel that will be mated with a 6" over Roaring Toyz arm.

The powder coater I use has 1000s of colors and candies but that paint looks awesome.What wheels are those??

I'm not much on gold wheels but they do look sharp.:thumbsup: Have you thought about maybe some lettering,stripe or contrasting color in some of the milling work to break up the gold? Just a thought and may make them pop a bit more. ???

Dayum Big Moe I would be excited too! They are badazz:thumbsup: I bet they would look good on a black Busa:whistle:

Those are great looking. What kind of paint do you use for wheels?
Is it same as you'd use on the rest of bike or a more tougher type?

I love the wheels. Just a thought and it is a lot of work. Have you thought about painting the little slots in the wheels blue to match the bike? I think that would look awesome. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Got sum much better pix from the painter just after being sprayed! Can you tell that Im excited?! ENJOY(I know I do!) :laugh:
They look great. Glad to see someone else use paint. I have had my painted wheels on for three years now and know problems. No chips or scratches. I use PPG for the clear. I had the same problem with powder coat you just can't get the color you want and it looks flat. The only powder coat i use is for my headers to keep them cool like the top fuelers. With paint i can use a little of this and a little of that. And the pearls and flake the same thing.

Chuck

Back