even a bad day at the range....

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
is a good day??.... well i posted on Facebook about going to the range and those who remember Illuminati called me and we all met up. he was shooting his gun and had a new scope but was really frustrated it was not zeroing in. after chasing for hour n change i noticed the scope wiggled a little. so i tested the screws for is picanty rail and i could break them loose with my fingers....so i had him snug them down. then we got down to actually making progress. i got him to be able to hit a 2 inch sticker at 100 yrds. he needs practice at distance with his new scope and rifle. but at least he is hitting now where before he wasn't having any luck. he was also making the mistake of trying to hold the gun at POA and adjusting the receptical to POI. so mark was really glad i got him dialed in. then when he went to leave the snow was real slushy and his nice truck slid sideways some and caught a tree he was parked right beside.. i felt really bad. we got him pushed out cause the snow was deep enough even in 4x4 he wasnt getting up and out of the rut.... so then i kinda got my PSL somewhat sighted in. tried a few at 200 yrds and was hitting pretty good. (its only a 4x scope) then i tried to start getting my m1 sighted in. complete fail...sun started going down...not enough time to hit the target and the boards were well shot out so i really couldn't see where it was hitting. (i usually bring a large piece of cardboard to put on the range's holders so i can see where im hitting if its not on the targets. (i usually just buy the cheap 12x12inch targets)...anyway...frustrated but glad i was able to help him get zero'd in so he can actually enjoy shooting his rifle.

:thumbsup: I own no weapons and have no use for them, but I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

took my m1 out today to try to adjust the front sight because when i sighted it in last time i had the rear sight wind age all the way to the left. this leaves me no adjustment... so now my front sight is way right. im concerned the barrel is bent.

Back