Evel Knievel may never ride again

kod3001

Registered
Read this in MCN today:

Evel Knievel says he has had a stroke - and may have to hang up his star spangled leathers for ever.

Speaking to a Milwaukee newspaper - the stunt legend who turned 67 on Monday, said:
"After a show in St Louis 2 weeks ago, I had a stroke.  So this will be my last show for this year, and maybe for ever.  My left side is mostly paralysed."

He had a gravestone made prior to his famous 1975 Snake River Canyon jump, when he believed he would be killed.  When he survived, it was put into storage.

Sorry to hear it Robert - thanks for the entertainment!

<!--EDIT|kod3001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129823213 -->

That is sad...
sad.gif

Probably one of the greatest showmen of our time...

I remember getting a 3 wheeled Evil chopper for Christmas one year. I was the coolest 7 year old on the block.

Strokes Suck.

Chris

Ya, I had the motorcycle with the weighted rear wheel...You would spin the wheel with the launcher deal and then hit the lever and off it would go on one wheel...Evel was cool...I liked it when he would limp out on his cane, hop on his boat anchor and do a bunch of wheelies, then ride to the top of the ramp for one last look...and crash.
laugh.gif
No, he made lots of those jumps on those old bikes and made many...he either has big balls or is crazy or both...still cool
smile.gif

my mom always says that she regrets buying me that Evel Knievel motorcycle when I was a kid. She blame herself for my craze for bikes.
biggrin.gif

my mom always says that she regrets buying me that Evel Knievel motorcycle when I was a kid. She blame herself for my craze for bikes.
biggrin.gif
Same here...one time I came home from school and no one was home...now, we lived in this 100 year old house with one huge back yard...well, I busted out my suzuki ts 50 and proceded to make a race track out of the yard
wow.gif
after my a## was blistered by my pop my mom blamed it on Evel.
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
Same here...one time I came home from school and no one was home...now, we lived in this 100 year old house with one huge back yard...well, I busted out my suzuki ts 50 and proceded to make a race track out of the yard
wow.gif
after my a## was blistered by my pop my mom blamed it on Evel.
laugh.gif
Hell my mother should have just blamed it on herself,,,, She bought the first bikes for me.. Its all her fault,,,her worries, high insurance, but oh well she's still MOM!!!
jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Back